- Northrop Grumman
- $87,660.00 -125,160.00/year*
1103 Market St
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Sector is seeking a Supplier Quality Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals located at Philadelphia, PA.
The Quality Engineer will support the Quality & Mission Excellence organization within the Marine Systems business unit; a key element of the Navigation & Maritime Systems Division (N&MSD). Marine Systems designs, builds, tests, and supports Power & Propulsion Systems and Launch Systems for the US Navy and allies of the US.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Perform Hardware Specification Compliance Reviews, First Article Inspections per (AS9102 or equivalent) Receiving inspections and Source inspections.
* Initiate Corrective Action Plans and work with suppliers, manufacturing and engineering personnel to identify root cause and ensure robust corrective actions are implemented.
* Perform process and product audits along with capacity assessments to ensure the supplier's processes are robust and capable.
* Review Purchase Requisition and Purchase Orders for quality Notes flow-down to supplier
* Work with key suppliers to ensure they are performing well and their capacity and capability are adequate to deliver products to specifications and on time
* Prevent/Minimize business impact from supplied material defects; supplier quality risk mitigation
* Proactive reduction and prevention of supplied material defect occurrences and verification of supplied material defect claims
* Strong communication skills (both oral and written) will be necessary to support the assignment and weekly reports.
* Be able to analyze and present data to Management and Mission Assurance Director.
* Provide project management guidance and support to projects and processes
* Establish positive working relationships with suppliers and internal teams
Basic Qualifications for a Principal Supplier Quality Engineer:
* Bachelor's Degree in a related STEM Field
* 5 years of experience in quality engineering or mechanical products manufacturing processes
* Experience in special processes
* Experience with dimensioning measurement analysis methods
* Experience with hardware inspection methods.
* Experience developing, collecting, and analyzing metrics.
* Experience in root cause analysis and corrective action
* Experience interfacing with suppliers
* Presentation and data packaging skills
* Must be able to travel up to 25% of the time
* Must be able to obtain a DOD Secret Clearance. US Citizenship
* Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Materials, Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering
* Familiarity with ASNT Standard Topical Outlines for Qualification of (NDT) Nondestructive Testing
* Experience with MIL-STD-271, MIL-STD-2035, & MIL-STD-278
* Six Sigma or Lean certifications
* Experience with statistical process control, auditing to ISO 9001
* Experience with measurement analysis methods.
* ASQ CQA (Certified Quality Auditor)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Associated topics: business, cost efficient, industrial engineer, manufacturing engineer, methods engineer, project, sap, supply, supply chain
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...