- Norrell Construction
- $43,160.00 -63,940.00/year*
912 Regimental Dr
Supervises technicians and helpers who are installing, maintaining, and servicing residential HVAC equipment and accessories. Oversees daily work and ensures adequate staffing to meet customer needs, assists technicians with unusual or difficult assignments, trains and coaches employees, ensures that safety rules and practices are followed, and conducts quality-control checks on completed work. As needed due to staffing and customer needs, performs service, maintenance, and installation work. Work is performed under the direction of the General Manager.
- Reviews and monitor upcoming work to be performed in order to schedule and assign technicians and/or crews to maximize productivity and to meet the needs of the customer.
- Conducts regular meetings with technicians and helpers on such matters as reviewing past performance and areas of concern; conducting training on lead generation; customer service, and company products and services; reinforcing safety rules and practices, and current and future goals and objectives.
- Assists technicians with major, unusual or difficult assignments and/or problems. Conducts quality-control review of assessments of completed work performed to ensure work is performed in accordance with company practices and processes, expected workmanship, and efficiency and effectiveness.
- Trains employees on technical skills, company processes and procedures, and safety rules and practices.
- Responsible for delivery of excellent customer service and sustaining high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Ensures company property, vehicles, and tools are being used, maintained and properly accounted for.
- Represent the company professionally, honestly, and ethically in all business matters and activities.
- Ensures that the company vehicles are properly stocked, that defective warranty parts are returned to the Branch and that vehicle standard stock is ordered/replenished as needed. As needed, completes material requisition forms and other related administrative activities.
- Demonstrates leadership to the field staff in the areas of customer focus and customer service; following company policies, procedures, and processes; safety rules, procedures, and practices; and the implementation of company initiatives.
- Serves as a resource to the sales staff on technical issues regarding products and services.
- Assists the Branch Manager with administrative tasks and other duties as needed or assigned.
- As needed to meet customer needs, performs service, maintenance, and installation work.
- Performs similar/other duties as needed or assigned.
- High school diploma or GED with additional training in HVAC with NATE certification preferred.
- Five years experience servicing or installing residential heating, air conditioning, and ventilation equipment.
- Must possess all valid licensing or certification as required by federal, state, provincial, or local governmental laws or regulations for the geographical work area.
- Demonstrated basic leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to train others in technical skills and effective customer service.
- Effective communication skills to communicate with customer and resolve customer issues, complaints, or concerns.
- Effective and efficient time-management and organizational skills.
- Advanced skills in servicing residential heating, air conditioning, and ventilation equipment as well as related accessories.
- Proficient mechanical aptitude and the ability to operate all necessary tools and equipment.
- Proficient and able to operate all necessary tools and equipment to perform various service projects.
- Proficient at reading wiring diagrams and blueprints as well as troubleshoot problems with electrical, refrigerant, and duct systems on residential HVAC equipment.
- Proficient and able to properly start up and balance airflow and to properly align belts and pulleys on all residential systems with no supervision.
- Proficient and able to install a basic duct fitting.
- Advance skills in troubleshooting and repairing electronic air cleaners, refrigeration systems, hot water systems, steam boiler systems, humidifiers, and related equipment with no supervision.
- Ability to calculate heat gain and loss on residential buildings using approved methods.
- Valid driver s license with acceptable driving record.
- Available to work flexible hours and on-call shifts as needed.
- Ability to stand and walk and to climb ladders and attic stairs and to maneuver in attics, basements, and crawl spaces to access HVAC units. Ability to continually climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl.
- Ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, including but not limited to the following: hot, cold, outdoor, indoor, dry, humid, slippery surfaces, heights, and congested areas.
- Ability to safely climb 300lb load capacity rated ladders with a 30lb tool belt.
- Natural or corrected vision to see and focus for close, distance, peripheral vision with normal depth perception.
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds and ability to lift and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds.
Associated topics: business, community, coordinator, general manager, housing assistant, management, manager iii, manager iv, manager facilities, property manager
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...