Executive Order 13495, The Non Displacement of Qualified Workers Under Service Contracts provide first right of refusal to incumbents on contracts. If the position is accepted by the incumbent on the job, other application/resume of non-incumbents will not be reviewed.
* As the Biometrics Technician, you will be responsible for supporting a government program. The Technician works as a part of a dynamic team of professionals assisting the United States Citizenship and Immigration (USCIS) Application Support Center (ASC) operations. The Technician has the primary responsibility of completing biometric registration for applicants seeking legal immigration to the United States.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Assist applicants with ASC processing forms.
* Review immigration and biometrics documentation.
* Perform biometrics processing to include capturing electronic fingerprints, photographs, and signatures.
* Proof and check work for accuracy and completeness and maintain a 98% efficiency rating for all processed forms.
* Provide the highest level of customer service to all applicants.
* Track processing time for each applicant.
* Safeguard all documents.
* Perform additional administrative duties as needed.
* The Biometrics Technician may provide back-up unarmed guard services at the ASC. If required to perform in this capacity the individual will have to obtain a guard license for their specific work state.
* Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
* United States Citizenship and ability to obtain and maintain a government issued suitability clearance.
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Previous experience in customer service and working with the public.
* Successful completion of company administered training program.
* Ability to stand and walk for up to 75% of assigned work hours.
* Ability to work in a high paced environment with the public.
* Demonstrated customer service skills.
* Ability to type and use basic computer skills.
* Have or be able to obtain Unarmed Security Guard License; as may be required by state.
* Preferred Experience: - Ability to speak a foreign language.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
* Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
* Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
* Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
* Prioritize and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
Physical Demands: (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
* While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment: (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
* The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
* During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.