- NBC Universal
1103 Market St
Join NBCUniversal and help us build Host monitoring and protection platforms and services that enable and protect the experience of our businesses.
This role is a part of the Cyber Security Platforms team, responsible for security technology that supports the entire NBCUniversal enterprise. You'll own product strategy and service management for a key Cyber Security practice area.
* Develop, plan, and implement a strategy for continually evolving host monitoring and protection in support of our overall NBCUniversal Cyber Security vision. Create a roadmap and drive our progress along it.
* Partner with the technical operations teams to enhance, maintain and sustain our endpoint security platforms, including anti-malware, system hardening, and EDR. Deliver security services smoothly in a global, 24x7 enterprise.
* Work with architects and engineers to build the tech for your roadmap and meaningfully move the needle for our security capabilities. Lead and influence design, development, and implementation across teams.
* Understand and empathize with our Cyber Security stakeholders (such as NBC News, Universal Pictures, and Parks & Resorts). Ensure our services are real solutions that help our businesses deliver world-class content and experiences - securely.
* Be a point of a contact for engagement and escalations and keep services focused toward SLAs and key milestones. Value accountability and manage expectations deftly.
* Mentor engineers and other technologists to develop NBCUniversal's security mindset. Help them understand the domain, ask hard questions, think strategically, and grow as security professionals.
* Deep technical understanding of multiple platforms, products, and concepts in the endpoint protection space such as: Exploit mitigation, anti-virus/malware, telemetry and monitoring tools, and management tooling across Windows, Linux and Mac
* Strong communication abilities, a desire to build consensus, and a comfort relaying technical and security principles and decisions to a wide range of audiences
* Experience designing and operating security tools and services at enterprise-scale
* Comfort engaging in deeply technical efforts while keeping a strategic view and staying focused on key goals
* An understanding of security risk and a willingness to make risk-based decisions balancing the urgent and the important
* A thirst for improvement and an inclination to thoughtfully challenge the status quo
* Desire to try things and iterate on them, fail fast, and focus on features that matter
* Experience working with vendor-integrated systems and appliances, broadcast systems, open-source host protection software (Santa, osquery, etc.), or commercial EDR platforms
* Understanding threat intelligence, ATT&CK framework, Cyber Kill Chain, or the Pyramid of Pain, and how they fit into developing internal security strategy
* Orchestrating security tools across complex environments to improve IR and investigations
* Data-driven decision making, light data analytics, and metrics/data visualization
* Comfort with scripting or software development
* Exposure to security compliance requirements/frameworks such as ISO27001, PCI/DSS, NIST 800-53, etc* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...