The Quality Assurance Engineer performs testing activities for the software engineering quality assurance organization. Execute tests on a web-based Software-as-a-Service system and sub-systems in various stages of development. Report test results and testing status. Track issues from discovery and submittal through resolution verification and closure. This is primarily a manual testing role.
* Develop an intimate understanding of the form, purpose, functions, and goals of the system
* Analyze and provide actionable feedback on the system requirements and designs
* Coordinate with various technical and non-technical staff to understand system requirements, diagrams, models, and test requirements
* Communicate and promote consensus among system stakeholders (project managers, business analysts, developers, testers, etc.) as to expected system behavior
* Perform scripted and exploratory manual testing
* Report bugs and verify bug fixes
* Perform functional and regression testing
* Create, maintain, execute, and/or evaluate the results of automated tests as needed
* Support all areas of the testing effort as needed
What You Bring
* B.S. degree in computer science, software engineering, information systems, or health informatics is required
* Minimum 3 years prior software testing experience is required
* Prior experience, training, or education in health IT, health informatics, or related field is a plus
* Prior experience, training, or education in oncology, pharmaceuticals, EMRs, and/or health insurance is a plus
* Prior experience with Microsoft development and collaboration tools is a plus: Team Foundation Server (TFS, Azure DevOps), Visual Studio, Microsoft Test Manager/Test Professional, and/or Test Hub are a plus
* Prior experience with SOAP and REST web services are a plus
* Prior experience with ReadyAPI is a plus
* Demonstrated ability to observe system behavior, apply critical thinking skills, draw inferences in order to direct explorations with minimal specifications and while the system is not necessarily in a fully functional state
* Detective mindset, detail oriented and always probing for information
* Ability to anticipate and identify software flaws
* Action-oriented with ability to deliver timely results and relevant feedback with minimal supervision
* Quick learner, especially with respect to web technologies, clinical, and insurance topics
* Exceptional interpersonal, communication and follow-up skills
* Excellent oral and written presentation skills and ability to bridge the gaps between technical and non-technical personnel, and between clinical and non-clinical personnel
* Ability to accurately and specifically describe issues with system functionality and the steps to take to reproduce them
* Ability to appropriately assess the severity of issues in alignment with company and product goals
* Knowledge of HIPAA compliance and Accessibility (WCAG 2.0 level AA) compliance as applied to web applications are a plus
* SQL skills are a plus
* Automated testing skills are a plus
* Security testing skills are a plus
What We Bring
* We offer competitive compensation, full benefits and some great perks. More importantly, we offer you the chance to work with a great team, focused on providing leading software-based solutions and services across a continuum of care.
* Excellent benefits package including medical(HMO/PPO), dental, and vision, and a 401k with company matching so you can continue planning for financial wellness.
* Flexible/Unlimited Style Paid Time Off with 11 Paid Holidays
* Employee discounts on things like, mobile products and services, gym memberships, and a variety of additional entertainment options.
NantHealth, Inc. is a member of the NantWorks ecosystem of companies, is a next-generation, personalized healthcare company that enables more effective treatment decisions for critical illnesses and improved patient outcomes by empowering clinical decision support and providing leading software-based solutions and services across the continuum of care for physicians, payers, patients and biopharmaceutical organizations.
NantHealth is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. The primary duties and responsibilities are intended to describe those functions that are essential to the performance of this job and does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position.