- National Multiple Sclerosis Society
- $50,560.00 -78,130.00/year*
1103 Market St
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society is a national non-profit that exists because there are people with MS. Our vision is a world free of MS. Everything we do is focused so that people affected by MS can live their best lives as we stop MS in its tracks, restore what has been lost and end MS forever.
We are more than an organization. We are a movement. United in our collective power to do something about MS now and end this disease forever. At the National MS Society you have the opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of those living with MS and their families.
As a member of the Society team, you'll work in an environment that values collaboration, innovation, diverse perspectives, and most of all a relentless resolve so people with MS can live their best lives.
The part-time Coordinator, Event Production is responsible for the coordination of all logistical aspects of fundraising activities for the assigned events. Responsibilities include: logistics implementation; budget and vendor contract management; risk management; permitting; insurance; movement and delivery of event supplies; management and inventory of multiple storage units and event vehicles both prior to and during the event. The position will secure in-kind donations as well as support volunteer recruitment and engagement. This is a part-time/temporary position working approximately 30 hours per week through May 2018.
Logistics Project Coordinator
* Logistics coordination and fundraising administrative support for Walk, Bike & Leadership events and will have additional logistics coordination responsibilities outside of the state
* Position will have additional responsibilities to make calls to support Bike, Walk and Leadership event campaigns as needed
* In collaboration with logistics team works as a project coordinator for logistics aspects of all mass market events ensuring that all logistical elements are complete to ensure exceptional event experience for participants and sponsors
* Assist with securing vendors for assigned events as needed. Maintain a focus on cost saving measures by bidding out multi-site vendors (including tents, tables and chairs, heavy equipment, toilets, waste disposal, vehicle rentals, communication equipment, entertainment equipment, water and ice, peripheral equipment such as cones, stanchions, barricades, fencing, food vendors -- paid and in-kind, etc.)
* Manage relationship with third-party logistics company handling overall execution of Bike MS, Walk MS and Challenge Walk MS when applicable
* Assist with securing permits and insurance for events, establishing and maintaining good working relationships with communities hosting our events as needed
* Clean and stock storage units to ensure that space is fully utilized and orderly; maintains a current inventory of event materials and supplies
* Conducts purchasing, packing and distribution of specified event supplies before, during and after each campaign
* Assist with ordering of all event prizes, incentives (including t-shirts, medals, etc.)
* Work with the Senior Manager Logistics to assign and manage on-event staff assignments in conjunction with development team leads
* Assist with coordinating and executing cultivation events and activities in conjunction with the development staff
* Follows a yearly logistics/production timeline for special events in conjunction with development team. Works with the Director/Manager/Specialist/ to divide logistical tasks for assigned events.
2. In Kind Donation Management
* Solicit small businesses, corporations, and local food vendors for in-kind donations for all Chapter events
3. Budget and Project Coordination
* Manage specified event supply contracts including but not limited to tents, porta-potties, dumpsters, facilities, trucks and supply vehicles
* Assist with event procurement process including purchase orders and contracts, processing of payments, ensuring accurate record keeping and ongoing expense analysis throughout the course of event planning.
* Complete all post-event financials (final invoice payments, etc.), thank you communications to vendors/partners, tracking supply/product usage and noting opportunities for improvement
* Associates Degree
* 2-4 years of experience may be accepted in lieu of a Associates Degree
* At least one year of logistical coordination experience required.
* Exceptional organizational and time-management skills
* Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills.
* Ability to communicate with diverse groups and handle multiple projects.
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Computer knowledge and experience in MS Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
* Ability to quickly learn new software
* This position will be required to drive/travel on Society business. Candidate must possess a valid driver's license, proof of insurance, and reliable transportation. The Society does run motor vehicle checks for all positions which require driving and the applicant must meet the Society guidelines
* Commitment to the mission, vision, cultural values, and expectations of the National MS Society
* This position will be required to drive/travel on Society business. Candidate must possess a valid driver's license, proof of insurance, and reliable transportation. The Society does run motor vehicle checks for all positions which require driving and the applicant must meet the Society guidelines.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...