- NASDAQ OMX Group
- $80,460.00 -168,710.00/year*
Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance
1103 Market St
Corporate Actions Specialist
Nasdaq Global Indexes has been creating innovative, market-leading, transparent indexes since 1971. Today, our index offering spans geographies and asset classes and includes diverse families such as the Dividend and Income (includes Dividend Achievers?), Dorsey Wright, Fixed Income (includes BulletShares?), AlphaDEX?, Global Equity, Green Economy, Nordic and Commodity indexes. We continuously offer new opportunities for financial product sponsors across a wide-spectrum of investable products and for asset managers to measure risk and performance. Nasdaq also provides ETP listings, custom index services and design solutions to financial organizations worldwide.
The Nasdaq Index Management Team seeks an expert at evaluating and implementing corporate actions to ensure accurate historical and real-time company financial data. The Corporate Actions Specialist will research, develop, and document procedures to implement corporate actions in a range of systems, including databases and index calculation software. The Specialist will work with other members of the Index Management team to improve all aspects of the index reconstitution, rebalance, and calculation processes. The Specialist will contribute to the management of indexes, such as undertaking index rebalances, reviewing the accuracy of calculations, writing documentation, and joining management committee meetings.
The role is based in Rockville, MD and will be at a level appropriate to the candidate's experience.
* Have a deep understanding of a wide variety of financial information, including global corporate actions, company fundamentals, and index methodologies
* Use expertise and research to evaluate the impact of global corporate actions on company financial data
* Document processes and procedures for interpreting and handling global corporate actions
* Continuously develop processes to implement corporate actions in databases and other systems
* Write requirements for automated handling of corporate actions
* Uncover data enhancement opportunities; prepare requirements and business cases
* Contribute in the development of index methodologies, policies and procedures
* Manage index reconstitutions and rebalances
* Participate in Index Management committees
Education, Professional Accomplishments, and Technical Skills:
* Bachelor's degree, preferably with a focus in finance, accounting, economics or quantitative disciplines
* Advanced degree, CFA designation, or other evidence of financial expertise
* Three years of financial analytical experience, preferably within the asset management industry
* Extremely effective communication skills, including listening, spoken, and written
* Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills to dissect a problem in order to provide clear and concise explanations
* Technical proficiency that includes knowledge of analytical programming languages such as SQL, R, and Python
* Proficiency with Bloomberg, FactSet, Reuters, and other financial data
* Track record of working successfully both independently and with a team
* Highly motivated with evidence of intellectual curiosity and creativity; comfortable with complexity
* Well organized and able to complete multiple, time-sensitive projects at once
Nasdaq is an equal opportunity employer. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, color, disability, national origin, ancestry, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable law.
Associated topics: broker dealer, brokerage, dow jones, financial, fund, investor, market, nasdaq, purchase, s p
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...