The Oncology Certified Nurse Practitioner (NP) will assist the NantHealth medical operations team through the application of oncology-specific medical expertise to complete customized treatment plan reviews as well as clinical trials reviews in our eviti web based application. The NP will work closely with the Clinical Support and Case Review Nurses and the Medical Directors to insure that customized treatment plan reviews and clinical trials are accurately reviewed based on published literature and evidenced based guidelines. The NP will ensure that customized treatment plans and clinical trials submitted to eviti are reviewed in 72 hours or per client instruction. As an initial reviewer, the NP will conduct initial clinical review and will issue a recommendation for certification; however, as an initial reviewer, the NP will never issue a non-certification determination. The NP will have access to a qualified physician reviewer during standard operating hours to assist in initial clinical review. The physician will be responsible for issuing any non-certification determinations.
Hours: This position will cover a shift from 12:00pm - 8:00pm
Position Locations: Culver City, CA, Philadelphia, PA, Boston, MA, Panama City, FL or Remote/work from home.
* Review of customized treatment plans and clinical trials for compliance with evidence-based medical practice, medical appropriateness, and compliance with health plan language (where applicable)
* Request Peer to Peer when appropriate based on a review of the case and current evidenced based standards
* Present complex cases to the Medical Director at tri-weekly team meetings for guidance in decision making as needed
* Identify potential new standards in care that may be then added to the evidenced based library and notify the Director, Clinical Informatics
* Recommend approval of certification of cases that meet evidenced based guidelines to standard of care
* Refer all cases that do not appear to meet evidenced based guidelines or standard of care to a qualified physician for review
What You Bring:
* Active Unrestricted Registered Licensure as a Nurse Practitioner in a state or territory of the United States
* Masters Degree in Nursing or a health related field
* Minimum 7 years prior experience in Oncology Care
* Oncology Nursing Certification from the ONCC
* Strong knowledge of oncology and insurance industry
* Ability to communicate with health care providers, client representatives, patients and eviti staff in a peer-to-peer fashion
* Initiative/independence in problem solving and literature research
What We Bring
* We offer competitive compensation, full benefits and some great perks. More importantly, we offer you the chance to work with a great team, focused on providing leading software-based solutions and services across a continuum of care.
* Excellent benefits package including medical(HMO/PPO), dental, and vision, and a 401k with company matching so you can continue planning for financial wellness.
* Flexible/Unlimited Style Paid Time Off with 11 Paid Holidays
* Employee discounts on things like, mobile products and services, gym memberships, and a variety of additional entertainment options.
NantHealth, Inc. is a member of the NantWorks ecosystem of companies, is a next-generation, personalized healthcare company that enables more effective treatment decisions for critical illnesses and improved patient outcomes by empowering clinical decision support and providing leading software-based solutions and services across the continuum of care for physicians, payers, patients and biopharmaceutical organizations.
NantHealth is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. The primary duties and responsibilities are intended to describe those functions that are essential to the performance of this job and does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position.
Associated topics: anesthetist, bsn, cardiology, clinical nurse, cna, english, family medicine, np, physician assistant, practice
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.