Built on a culture of safety and integrity, NMS delivers award-winning, integrated support services to a variety of clients in food service, facilities management, camp services, security and hotel management in Alaska and the continental U.S. We are proud to serve not only our original oilfield clients, but also clients from federal, state and local governments, corporate facilities, healthcare institutions, schools and universities, manufacturing centers, and the transportation and telecommunications industry. Our clients have peace of mind knowing we are committed to delivering best-in-class service, and we bring creativity, technology and experience to every project. Our mission is to provide management and support services at a level of quality, value, safety and expertise beyond our clients' expectations. At NMS, we expect our employees to fulfill that mission in every aspect of their work.
The Remote Lead Housekeeper physically carries out as well as helps direct the activities of those involved in providing a variety of industrial housekeeping services, provides a broad variety of cleaning projects and services required to maintain the cleanliness, efficiency, and livability of various commercial/industrial facilities, and operates and directs the activities of a commissary facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Performs all duties required of a housekeeper or other assigned employee.
* Accountable for meeting all of the obligations required of assigned employees.
* Proven Track record in successful leadership and management in a Camp Environment.
* Documented Safety Training and Safety compliance in a leadership role.
* Helps direct and guide assigned housekeeping and janitorial employees.
* Helps train new staff and provides ongoing training to existing staff.
* Regularly conducts, replaces, and disperses assigned inventories.
* Regularly conducts inspections to maintain the quality of provided services.
* Coordinates associated equipment care and maintenance.
* Helps conduct safety meetings and insures daily operations are in compliance with company and client safety requirements.
* Makes sure all quality standards and work procedures for staff are met.
* Personally resolves minor maintenance or client emergencies as they occur or takes steps to permanently address them.
* Assist employees in the resolution of work related difficulties.
* Identifies, resolves, or appropriately reports site's safety hazards.
* May also be designated as a night or day janitor to indicate somewhat varying duties or assignments related to this type of work.
* Notify supervisor is safety and sanitation standards are not being met.
* Other duties that are pertinent to the department or unit's success also may be assigned.
* This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
* High School Diploma or GED equivalent
* At least one (1) year experience that evidences a working knowledge of commercial cleaning equipment and industrial cleaning processes.
* At least one (1) year experience in commercial housekeeping.
* At least one (1) year verifiable supervisory experience in housekeeping, janitorial or the hospitality industry.
* Must have basic skills operating Microsoft Office applications.
* Must pass all pre-employment contract requirements which may include but are not limited to: hair follicle drug test, physical and fit for duty assessment and hearing test. Applicants not located near a testing facility are responsible for paying for travel to the nearest testing facility.
* Must be able to cooperate and work as part of a team with fellow employees, customers and clients.
* Must be able to make decisions in the moment with little to no supervision.
* Must be able to be on your feet for 12 hours per shift for the scheduled rotation.
* Must be able to live in dormitory style settings and meet cleanliness requirements of the remote camp.
* Contract requires employees to speak, understand, read and write English.
* Must meet and adhere to all safety guidelines and regulations set forth by the company and client.
* A valid Driver's License and an acceptable driving record for the past three (3) years to be eligible under NMS' vehicle insurance policy.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
Weather: Indoor/Outdoor. Frequently exposed to arctic conditions.
Noise level: Moderate to Loud
Description of environment: This is a remote camp setting at Red Dog Mine.
Travel: Must be able to travel by plane and/or bus to remote camps.
Physical requirements: Employees must constantly be able to stand, sit, walk, climb, push, pull, use hands and arms, stoop, kneel and crouch. Employees are occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and may be exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals.
NMS Core Values
Safety guides our behavior.
Honesty and integrity govern our activities.
Commitments made will be fulfilled.
All individuals are treated with dignity and respect.
The environment will be protected and sustained.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Shareholder Preference
NMS is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran protected status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.NANA grants employment preference to shareholders of NANA and their spouses and descendants to the extent allowed by law.
It is NMS policy to conduct background checks, drug testing and a physical assessment, as applicable, once an offer has been accepted, in accordance with company and/or contract requirements.
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone or via email. In order to appropriately assist you with an accommodation, we ask that you please specify the assistance needed in order to access our jobsite and post for a position. The dedicated email and telephonic options are listed below and are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance.
To request an accommodation by telephone, contact us at: 1-800-###-####
To request an accommodation by email, contact us ...@nana.com
Company: NANA Management Services
Primary Location: US-AK-Red Dog Mine
Closing Date (Period for Applying) - External: May 2, 2019, 11:59:00 PM
Req ID: RED00330
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.