- Myriad Genetics & Laboratories
- $216,800.00 -216,800.00/year*
Healthcare - Physician
1103 Market St
The Medical Policy Specialist is a critical position to the company, responsible for providing clinical support ensuring the sustainment and growth of Myriad business with key regional payers. This role reports directly to the Director of Regional Accounts and will work cross-functionally to establish and execute payer-specific strategies and tactics. A position is currently available with responsibilities focusing on large regional commercial insurers and government payers in the Western United States
Location: This is a home-office based position but residence in one of the states covered is preferred. Area covering: Western United States.
* Educate payers regarding hereditary cancer risk assessment, genetic testing and new emergent technologies relevant to Myriad's services.
* Assist Myriad in messaging and positioning new testing services to payer organizations. This process may be accomplished via in-person meetings, email and telephone conversations.
* Gather and analyze coverage data to develop and prioritize company objectives.
* Work closely with current Medical Policy Specialist and other members of the Managed Care team to implement the goals and strategies of the company. .
* Assist in the creation of educational and training materials used to communicate company services.
* Employ strong project management skills by prioritizing and leading multiple tasks concurrently.
* Gain a detailed operational knowledge of regional account customers and be adept at helping those customers identify their specific needs.
* Work closely with Myriad's sales, customer service, medical policy specialist, billing and medical services teams to identify contracting and process improvement opportunities consistent with company objectives.
Candidates for the position include Board Certified/Board Eligible genetic counselors, licensed Advanced Practice Nurses or Registered Nurse with a minimum of 3 to 5 years relevant experience. Candidates should have well developed organizational, communication, presentation and project management skills. Candidates should have the ability to interact effectively in team environment regardless of personnel function or reporting responsibilities. Strong knowledge of healthcare industry and validated success working with commercial insurers or government payers is preferred. Approximately 20-25% travel is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk; or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop; kneel; or crouch The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and depth perception.
About Our Company
Myriad Genetics Inc., is a leading personalized medicine company dedicated to being a trusted advisor transforming patient lives worldwide with pioneering molecular diagnostics. Myriad discovers and commercializes molecular diagnostic tests that: determine the risk of developing disease, accurately diagnose disease, assess the risk of disease progression, and guide treatment decisions across six major medical specialties where molecular diagnostics can significantly improve patient care and lower healthcare costs. Myriad is focused on three strategic imperatives: maintaining leadership in an expanding hereditary cancer market, diversifying its product portfolio through the introduction of new products and increasing the revenue contribution from international markets. For more information on how Myriad is making a difference, please visit the Company's website: www.myriad.com.
Myriad is an equal opportunity employer and as such, affirms in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train and promote, in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status or status as a protected veteran.
Reasonable accommodation will be provided for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. We believe that diversity lends a regional, national, and global advantage to the clients we serve. Our workforce consists of dynamic individuals, with a range of backgrounds, talents, and skills.
Associated topics: care physician, family medicine physician, family practice, hospitalist, physician, practice, practice physician, primary, primary care, urgent
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...