- Michael Page
Education - Excluding Post Secondary
125 Janelle Blvd
- Review contract documents and work with the project team in order to prepare bid proposals and attend bid presentations as needed.
- Assist the SPM/PM and estimating team with the preparation of scopes of work for the various disciplines.
- Assist the project team and estimating with the preparation of project schedules and site logistics plans.
- Review contract documents and provide guidance on constructability issues.
- Assist the project team as needed to obtain permits from the local municipal authority.
- Provide guidance, leadership and direction for other superintendents, assistant superintendents, project engineers and other subordinate site staff.
- Responsible for the planning, scheduling and coordination of all work to be done on a given project.
- Conduct weekly coordination meetings with the foreman for the various trades to discuss the progress of the work, the project schedule, safety and upcoming activities.
- Assist the SPM/PM/Scheduler with monthly updates to the Master Schedule.
- Conduct regular quality control inspections and make sure that all work is done in accordance with industry and Wohlsen standards.
- Prepare and distribute punch lists for incomplete or deficient work and have all deficient work corrected prior to the final inspection by the project architect or other consultants.
- Prepare detailed weekly look ahead schedules that include the work of all trades that will perform work.
- Monitor work for adherence to plans and specifications, contractual requirements, code compliance and compliance with accepted industry and Wohlsen standards.
- Coordinate with the project team to effectively manage scope changes and provide direction to field forces in order to incorporate these changes.
- Maintain a current set of contract documents at the project site that includes all revised drawings, specifications, addendums, sketches, etc.
- Assist the project team with the evaluation of cost and schedule impacts of project revisions and ensure that proper documentation is completed to memorialize scope changes with our client and subcontractors.
- Work with the project team to schedule and coordinate the delivery of equipment and materials needed for the project.
- Assist the project team with the verification of additional work performed by our subcontractors.
- Develop and maintain constructive relationships with representatives of clients, local sub-code officials and design consultants. Provide leadership in order to maintain harmonious labor relations among job site personnel.
- Prepare and submit daily reports using CMIC software that shows all work performed onsite. This report shall include information related to construction delays, milestones achieved and the weather.
- Maintain a sketch book at the site that includes all sketches issued by the design consultants.
- Work with the project team to prepare final as-built drawings showing project revisions, sketches and notes.
- B.S. degree in Construction Technology, Engineering or other related discipline or equivalent field experience.
- A minimum of 10 years of field construction experience in a supervisory capacity on projects ranging from $10 to $50 million
- Ability to read and understand contract drawings and specifications
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products, specifically Excel and Word
- Ability to work additional hours as necessary to meet business plan objectives
- Ability to work on multiple projects and travel as necessary
- Ability to perform work at elevations above ground level
- A current, valid driver's license
Our client, with over 125 years expereince, partners with owners and design professionals to build high-quality, functional, commercial projects. Thier customized services run the gamut, from preconstruction and construction project management, to design/build construction and post-construction services.
Generous Base Salary + Excellent Benefits + Bonus
Associated topics: assistant principal, assistant superintendent, chief, deputy, direct, director, executive director, high school superintendent, manage, supervise
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...