* We help feed the world. We impact how food is produced, packaged and made safe. * We help keep you healthy. Our instruments make it possible for scientists to develop new drugs and bring life-saving medicines to the world. * Mettler Toledo products are important to the production and consistent quality of every kind of consumer product.
No matter how far human kind goes to explore new frontiers, Mettler Toledo is there to help make it happen.
Our Opening and Your Responsibilities
We have one of the largest global service and sales organizations among precision instrumentation companies. We are currently hiring a Field Service Technician for our Retail Weighing product family. In this role, you will be responsible for testing, calibrating and repairing electrical, mechanical, electromechanical and electronic measuring equipment at customer locations throughout the assigned territory. Also within this role, you will:
* Install new equipment in customer's facilities. * Set up standard and special purpose measurement equipment in customers' facilities. * Disassemble instruments and equipment and inspect components for defects. * Align, repair, replace and balance component parts and circuitry. * Travel overnight 25% of the time to service customers within the territory and to attend training * Work evenings and weekends occasionally * Lift and carry 50+ pounds occasionally * Stand and squat for long periods of time * Work out of your home within the assigned territory * Pass a pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background check
What You Need to Succeed
* An Associate's Degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school * Experience working in field service or have related experience in an engineering or manufacturing environment * The ability to identify the root causes of service issues the first time using your keen knowledge of the products and your comfort with hand tools and calibration equipment * Excellent customer service skills, detail orientation, and great verbal and written communication skills * Familiarity with OSHA regulations and safe working practices. * The discipline to update service records and complete service reports on time and ensure data integrity * The desire and ability to promote and sell services and products, generating sales leads * Technical training beyond high school and basic knowledge of mechanical, electrical maintenance, and electronics * Basic comfort with laptop computers and Microsoft Office software; SAP knowledge/experience preferred * A valid driver's license and a safe driving history
Our Offer to You
* A company car with paid insurance for your work * All tools and equipment needed to perform the job including personal protective equipment, specialized tools, and a clothing allowance * Medical, dental and vision care coverage and a 401(k) savings plan with company matching, Gym discount program if you elect our Aetna medical coverage, and all the usual such as paid time off, flexible spending, short-and long-term disability, basic life insurance, business travel insurance, Employee Assistance Program, and domestic partner benefits * Global market strength and worldwide leadership in weighing * A brand name that is identified worldwide with precision, quality, and innovation * Thousands of patents, design and innovation awards * High earning potential with a proven track record of success and promotional growth opportunities * A commitment to extraordinary service on our state-of-the-art equipment
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We give consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here
Mettler Toledo endeavors to make www.mt.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at ...@mt.com
For those who prioritize precision, Mettler Toledo is precisely where you belong.
Associated topics: automotive, diagnose, equipment, field service, maintenance, maintenance mechanic, maintenance technician, malfunction, millwright, service technician
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.