We're a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
We don't believe in jobs at Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals; careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart.
At Mercy, you'll feel our supportive community every step of your day, especially the tough ones. We're a team and love working that way. That team is expanding, and we currently have exceptional opportunities to help our communities grow.
As the Sisters of Mercy before us, we bring to life the healing ministry of Jesus through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
We are seeking a full-time cardiovascular surgeon to join our nationally recognized and award-winning group. Our team currently consists of two experienced surgeons plus three APCs who help in the ORs, clinic, and with outreach to nearby locations. Nine interventional, EP, and non-invasive cardiologists round out our heart program. Our group is established and growing with over 200 new patient referrals every month and there is ample business available. Mercy offers:
- 240-Bed hospital was built in 2015 and offers state-of-the-art facilities and equipment including hybrid OR and robotics
- Focus on the area of cardiovascular surgery you enjoy most with block OR time. Our surgeons cover a comprehensive service with a strong split of cardiac, vascular and thoracic surgery. This is the type of practice where you can do everything with minimal to no competition!
- Great work/life balance
- Join nine cardiologists and two CVT surgeons (cardiac services are growing with 200+ new patients monthly)
- 4 day workweek
- 1:3 Call
- Strong outreach provided by NPs and Pas means a large catchment area for your patients
- Rated in the top 5% nationally for overall clinical excellence by Healthgrades
- Forbes \"\"America's Best Employers\"\" two years in a row
- Competitive compensation with guaranteed salary, production, quality, and recruitment incentives
- Comprehensive benefits package for the entire family
- Occurrence-based liability insurance
- Commencement bonus plus relocation assistance
Mercy includes 45 acute care and specialty hospitals, more than 2,500 physicians across 700 practices and outpatient facilities, and 44,000+ co-workers in Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri and Oklahoma. We are recognized as one of the nation's top health systems and serve millions annually. About Joplin:
Joplin is located in the southwestern corner of Missouri, in an area referred to as the \"\"Four State Area\"\" given its close proximity to commute to Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Kansas. Joplin has a population of approximately 50,000 and a daytime population of 240,000. The population within a 40-mile radius of Joplin is 400,000, making it Missouri's fourth largest metropolitan area. Joplin's convenient I-44 location attracts tourists and travelers and serves as a popular destination for conferences and events. The city park system maintains nearly 1,000 acres and includes a golf course, numerous swimming pools and 15 miles of scenic walking/biking trails. Joplin combines the beauty and hospitality of country living with the convenience and commerce of city vitality. We'll Support You at Work and Home
Our foundations are built on dignity and respect. Modern Healthcare Magazine named us as a \"\"top 100 places to work.\"\" We go out of our way to help people feel welcomed. We offer day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, and employer-matched retirement funds for benefit eligible coworkers. We're proud to provide tuition reimbursement to help you grow and learn new skills. What Makes a Good Match for Mercy
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us, along with exceptional quality care. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We're also collaborative and are not afraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care - that's just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a fit for you as well, we encourage you to apply.
Transforming the Health of Our Communities.
Mercy, named one of the top five large U.S. health systems in 2017 by Truven, an IBM Watson Health company, serves millions annually. Mercy includes 43 acute care and specialty (heart, children s, orthopedic and rehab) hospitals, more than 700 physician practices and outpatient facilities, 40,000 co-workers and more than 2,000 Mercy Clinic physicians in Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri and Oklahoma. Mercy also has outreach ministries in Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas.
Associated topics: foot, ortho, orthopedic, orthopedic surgery, reconstructive, replacement, spine, surgeon, surgery, trauma