Required Experience and Skills:
Strong experience with Qlik and IBM CognosBI reporting dashboard tool(s)(e. g. Spotfire, Tableau, Power BI, Business Objects, SSIS, SAS, etc)Experience with Data Analysis in ExcelDemonstrated interest in UX / UI design concepts and graphic designStrong experience in report writing, analytics, visualizations, dashboard creation.
- Experience in implementing and validating analytical solutions via Cognos and other similar platforms
- Able to synthesize data from multiple sources to populate data models (e. g. conceptual, logical and physical data models) with minimal supervision
- Able to translate findings into business terms and use data visualization to communicate findings/conclusions clearly
Knowledge of Multidimensional Architecture Concepts/BI/DW
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Fluency in SQL. (select, joins, etc)
- Understanding of Relational Database Design and Data Modeling
- Understanding of ETL concepts and Data Flow Diagrams
Familiarity with software development lifecycle (SDLC) principlesExperienced BI professional, UX designer, and data visualization expert looking to expand or explore transition towards a data science and analytics role.
- Experience with standard statistical, mathematical, modeling, data mining and data analysis concepts, principles, approaches and software
Data Programming /Scripting
- Experience in programming with commonly leveraged data analysis software, including R or Python.
- Working knowledge of scripting languages (e. g. PowerShell, Python, R, VBA, Perl)
Advanced Database/ETL design
- Advanced Knowledge of SQL
- Experience with Stored Procedures (e. g. Oracle, SQL Server)
- Designing ETL processes, performing data updates, indexing, and database maintenance
Data Sciences/Machine Learning/Data Visualization
- Familiarity with quantitative and qualitative statistical analysis
- Interest in machine learning (e. g classification, clustering, deep learning)
- Familiarity with Data Warehousing Frameworks (Redshift, Spark, Hive, etc) and Cloud Services (Amazon, Google , Azure)
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to staffingaadar@merck. com. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran proudly embracing diversity in all of it s manifestations.Job:
Quantitative Sciences GenericOther Locations:
Whitehouse Station, NJ, US Employee Status:
Yes, 15 % of the TimeNumber of Openings:
1Shift (if applicable):
noCompany Trade Name:
Associated topics: account executive, acquisition, agent, booker, leader, oversee, recruiter, representative, strategist, supervisor