Required Experience and Skills:
10+ years experience in an information technology field with at least 5-7 in the information security or risk management area
Possess 2-3 years of technical team or direct staff management
Solid leadership & collaboration skills, able to network with colleagues in both domestic and international locations.
Experience with engineering and delivering security solutions in/for a large enterprise.
Understanding of software/system delivery lifecycle and accompanying technologies
Must have demonstrated experience in clearly and effectively communicating with clients and stakeholder
Preferred Experience and Skills:
Leadership role in an information security function and certifications or experience on specific security technologies and capabilities used at Merck. Prior experience with security engineering and application security technologies and processes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of application security including:
- Application security controls as part of software development life cycle
- Software security best practices in test and operate environment
- Mitigating the Common Vulnerabilities (OWASP Top 10)
- Incident and vulnerability management
- Experience with threat modelling, penetration testing scoping and security design review methodologiesProficiency in cloud and mobile security concepts
- Ability to motivate, mentor and develop talent both technically and interpersonal skills
- Highly responsive with an ability to handle escalations quickly and professionally
- Solid understanding of enterprise security architecture concepts
- Ability to work both independently and perform as a leader in a team environment
- Ability to collaboratively and independently create, communicate and implement strategies
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to staffingaadar@merck. com. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran proudly embracing diversity in all of it s manifestations.Job:
Compliance & Risk ManagementOther Locations:Employee Status:
Yes, 5 % of the TimeNumber of Openings:
1Shift (if applicable):Hazardous Materials:
N0Company Trade Name: