The IT-AMD team is responsible for Application support related to developing, deploying, maintaining EMD/Merck IT global and regional systems in support of our overall Health Care, Life Science and Performance Material businesses.
As a Systems Analyst, you will be part of the IT-AMD Application team providing project and portfolio support for the IT Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality solutions associated to the Life Science, Performance Materials and Biopharma businesses. Work on prioritized incidents, troubleshooting, perform system enhancements, support projects and deployments. In addition, provide support to application upgrades and performance testing. Understanding of methodology, design, specifications, programming, delivery, monitoring, and support standards. Involved in strategic planning activities and researches emerging technology and tools. The person will be responsible to develop, maintain and support applications in the Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality domains. Design, develop, test, implement, and troubleshoot mapping and workflows for all Merck businesses. Will provide technical leadership and coordination in the design, development and implementation of complex industrial applications, databases, and information systems meeting customer requirements and team standards. Troubleshoot and support complex technical and functional issues/bugs with capacity to identify manufacturing segments that might be impacting the process. Should have exposure to product regulatory compliance requirement understanding and test standards. Knowledge of Agile systems, understanding of the change management processes and risk-based approach for validation. Engage and interface directly with solution vendors for product support/questions and troubleshooting required to identify a solution. Provide established level of service and support to ensure minimal business disruption. Understand and analyze business requirements including multiple systems and equipment. Lead the effort to implement best practices and maintain consistency in designs across different clusters to improve efficiency. Ability to work independently on projects with different stakeholders from Validation, Quality Assurance, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and other relevant personnel. Performs risk management plan, anticipates problems, address the issues, controls expenditures within program budget. Prepares interim and completion program or project reports. Addresses financial management, leadership, and value engineering aspects. Communicate project status and support project managers.
Who You Are:
* Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or in an Information Technology discipline
* 5+ years of experience in IT application development in a large corporate environment
* In depth knowledge and experience in validated systems.
* Solid experience in IT Service Management (ITSM) based on ITIL best practices.
* Experience in pharmaceutical or biotechnology regulatory environment.
* Experience working in IT Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Quality solutions.
* Extensive technical knowledge.
* Responsible for managing/completing the modification, programming, qualification, implementation, and support of complex applications in a highly developed environment.
* Identify possibilities for the improvement of existing applications.
* Able to define, develop and deliver robust, flexible and scalable solutions.
* Translate functional needs and capability requirements into working applications with enterprise interfaces that adhere to corporate guidelines and standards.
* Responsible for multi-tier application development activities, building new functionality and maintaining existing capabilities.
* Provide technical leadership to engineering staff and contribute to designing robust system architectures for new projects.
* Regularly leads medium sized projects, may occasionally lead large projects or initiatives.
* Proactively take ownership of and provide excellent levels of production support.
* Support and improve service delivery processes or standards to increase operational performance.
* Develop, implement and support activities for the company's Life Sciences, Healthcare and Performance Materials business applications.
* Work closely with business partners and customers throughout the organization to effectively contribute to the successful achievement of corporate strategies.
* Comply with SLA terms and monitor KPIs to meet/exceed established service levels.
* Establish strong, effective, working relationships with the client base across the organization.
* An in-depth knowledge of business and functional relationships and various operating units is required to effectively develop and implement comprehensive, long-term customer satisfaction levels.
* Manage internal and external resources
* Strong experience optimizing systems mappings and workflows.
* Knowledge of a variety of data sources (SQL, flat files, spreadsheets, non-SQL data, XML, Oracle, Redshift, IMS, cloud sources) required.
* Experience/working knowledge with a number of the following technologies: SQL Server, Oracle, BI Reporting Tools, AWS, Tableau, Web development, Java, HTML, K2 Workflow, HP Service Now.
* Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills required.
* Strong analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving skills to evaluate complex business reporting requirements required.
* Ability to lead in a cross-functional, matrix team environment and integrate activities with other teams within IT to ensure successful implementation and support of project efforts required.
* Ability to work and manage a variety of tasks and work within an environment with competing priorities required.
* Strong attention to details.
* Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
* Ability to operate independently within a tight deadline environment.
* Fluency in the Windows desktop productivity suite of applications
* Advanced consultancy skills
* Advanced project management skills, including Agile methodology
* May require up to 25% travel.
Job Requisition ID: 194949
Career Level: D - Professional (4-9 years)
Working time model: full-time
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our HR Services team at 855 ### #### from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday.
Associated topics: equipment, infrastructure, maintain, network, satellite, server, system engineer, system specialist, system technician, technician
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.