Merakey is seeking a Direct Support Professional to join our Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities Services (IDD) division in Northeast Philadelphia.
Are you looking for a position where you can utilize your skills and passion for supporting people? Do you believe that we are better together by including everyone? Are you searching for a rewarding career in the service of others? The Direct Support Professional role isn't for everyone- but it IS for those who enjoy a challenge working with individuals with disabilities and the reward that comes with it. Being in this role requires both attention to detail and creativity as you are serving as both a life coach and a personal support to our individuals. If this sounds like something that you would enjoy -- then join our team!
The Direct Care Professional (DSP) is responsible for supporting individuals through teaching, coaching, modeling, and accompanying individuals with disabilities so that they are involved in family, neighborhood, civic, cultural and religious activities and events. In a variety of settings, the DSP will work with individuals with varying degrees of medical and mental health diagnoses and abilities. DSP upholds dignity and respect of individual(s) served by promoting person-centered care while documenting and assisting activities of daily living in a safe and sanitary environment.
* Supports Individual(s) in tasks in a residential and/or community setting to include activities of daily living and personal care such as feeding, bathing, dressing, toileting. * May prepare or assist with preparing meals that promote proper nutrition, good health and meet Individual-specific dietary needs. * May accompany individual(s) to a variety of scheduled medical appointments, completing pre/post paperwork, as needed. * May transport or arrange for transport of individual(s), following vehicle policy and procedure and adheres to driving laws. * Performs or assists, guides and supports housekeeping functions. * Documents individual daily progress report in individual's electronic health record; updates all communication logs as directed. * Immediately reports to manager, any uncharacteristic situation(s) for appropriate direction. * May dispense appropriate individual medication based on established policy and protocol; immediately report errors.
SUPPORT OF AN INDIVIDUAL'S SUPPORT PLAN(S)
* Supports and guides continued progress toward individual's goals and outcomes. * Follows any individual-specific nursing care plan or behavior plan. * Increases independence by facilitating, and promoting individual's engagement in and use of, community resources, facilities and activities. * As part of an interdisciplinary team, shares information and observations in the development, review, and maintenance, for individual's support plan. * May support, guide and encourage individual(s) to access public transportation.
We offer the following benefits:
* Work/Life Balance * Competitive Compensation Plans * Opportunities for professional growth and advancement * Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans * Flexible Spending Accounts * Short/Long Term Disability Coverage * Life Insurance * 403B Retirement Plan (with company matching) * Marketplace Savings Program * Employee Assistance Program * Wellness Programs * 24-Hour Nurse Hotline * Tuition Reimbursement * Generous Paid Time Off (for qualifying positions) * Stability that coincides with working for a national leader in education and human services
ABOUT MERAKEY'S IDD DIVISION
Merakey supports individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) in the enhancement of their abilities and interests. Services are aimed at partnering with individuals as they become self-sufficient and live everyday lives. Merakey focuses on helping individuals find meaningful roles in their community and to feel valued as community members. Individuals are always at the core of the planning and implementation of services.
* Adult Training Facility * Behavior Support Services * Early Intervention Case Management * Employment (Transitional, Supported, Competitive) * In-home Support * Non-traditional Community Day Services/Home and Community Habilitation * Supports Coordination
* Community Living/Group Homes * Family/Shared Living * Intermediate Care Facility * Respite Care * Specialized Residential (medically fragile, dementia, autism, dual diagnosis, problematic sexual behavior) * Supported Living
For more information on each individual service, please visit:
Merakey is a leading developmental, behavioral health and education provider offering a breadth of integrated services to individuals and communities across the country.
We leverage our size and expertise to develop innovative solutions and new models of care to meet the needs of individuals, their families, public and private healthcare funders and community partner organizations.
We recognize that complex needs require a holistic approach. With our experience, expertise and compassion, we empower everyone within our communities to reach their fullest potential.
With a rich tradition spanning 50 years with nearly 10,000 employees, Merakey provides care to over 40,000 adults and children throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Delaware, Louisiana, Virginia, Michigan, Texas, California, and Tennessee.
Apply online www.merakey.org
Requisition Number: 46249
Merakey is an Equal Opportunity Employer!
* Verifiable high school diploma/GED * 1 year of I/DD experience in a group home or residential setting preferred * A valid driver's license is required
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.