Position Summary: Working in a Recovery Oriented environment, provide Psychiatric Evaluations and Medication Management services to child / adolescent consumers in the outpatient clinic. Assumes role of Treatment Team Leader and works in conjunction with other clinic staff to assure highest quality of care to the consumers on his/her caseload.
General Responsibilities include all or some of the following:
1. Conduct Psychiatric Evaluation to newly admitted consumers, and annual Re-evaluations in on-going cases.
2. Perform Medication Management services seeing consumers every six weeks (for children, every 4 weeks - including at least one annual parent conference documented) unless otherwise indicated based on medical evaluation.
3. Observe Merakey policy on prescription renewals and telephone scripts.
4. Contact Inpatient Attending Psychiatrists and document in the chart on all admitted consumers, including the coordination of discharge.
5. Document at least one contact with consumers' Primary Care Physician (on-going at annual intervals, or as needed).
6. Obtain, sign and place in chart all appropriate lab results.
7. Obtain client (and/or parent) signature, and sign Treatment Plans at prescribed intervals.
8. Read and initial all Therapist notes since last medication visit (during the med visit).
9. Meet with all Therapists for whom you are Treatment Team Leader on a monthly basis (meeting with 25% of them each week, ensuring that each has been met with at least once per month).
10. At the monthly, two-hour, Treatment Teams meetings, conduct \"rounds\" on all attendees' caseloads.
11. Attend any peer review meetings resulting from the death of any clients on caseload.
12. Attend monthly Medical Staff Meetings.
13. Adhere to the \"Incident To\" protocol for Medicare clients receiving therapy.
14. Adhere to principles of Recovery & Resiliency best practices.
15. Report clinically to the Medical Director (including matters pertaining to standards of care, psychiatric practices, and clinician conduct).
16. Report administratively to the Clinic or Program Director (including matters pertaining to operations, scheduling, workplace behavior, time sheets and time off requests).
* Board eligible or board certified C/A Psychiatrist in the State of PA