MEDNAX has grown from a single medical practice to a trusted health solutions partner with more than 10,000 employees and a presence in 50 states. Through our family of companies, we provide:
* Physician services spanning the continuum of patient care
* Revenue cycle management solutions
* Performance improvement consulting
We invite you to grow with us and help shape the future of health care.
Do you love babies? Have an interest in health care? Do you want to make a difference in the lives of children? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then we have a unique opportunity for you.
As a newborn hearing screener, you will provide hearing screens in the hospital to babies who may be just a few days old. You need great communication skills as well as the interest and ability to learn; we will provide you with the rest of the training you need to succeed.
On a typical day, you will conduct newborn hearing screens, usually in a new mom's hospital room, and help educate parents about the importance of the screen using video and printed tools we provide. You will also be in charge of entering patient data and validation of hearing screens, as needed. Additional responsibilities may include helping to confirm or reschedule outpatient appointments, following up on any equipment issues and training new staff.
* Performing newborn hearing screens
* Verifying insurance information with parent/guardian
* Documenting hearing screen results accurately
* Following protocol for timely submission of billing
* Following protocol related to security and identification of infants
* Following infection control, safety awareness and other hospital, company, and program policies
* Recognizing potential problems and obtaining assistance, when necessary, in a timely manner
* Completion of company and hospital orientation or classes, including patient privacy training
* Completion and maintenance of employee health requirements
* Other duties as assigned
* Experience working with infants preferred
* Experience in a hospital setting preferred
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Computer proficiency and ability to perform accurate data entry
* Ability to prioritize daily tasks and assignments
* Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
* Flexibility to work on weekends and national holidays required
Education Level: High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
Experience Years: One to three months related experience
Experience Industry: Healthcare
Equivalent combination of relevant education and experience will be considered.
MEDNAX IS AN Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status
Associated topics: family, family medicine physician, family practice physician, nocturnist, physician, physician md, practice, practitioner, primary, provider
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.