* Advanced degree in a quantitative discipline, e.g., statistics, applied mathematics, econometrics, economics or operations research
* 6+ years of work experience working in a data-centric business environment, preferably within the journey sciences sector
* Strong consultative communication skills diagnosing customer journey data to develop successful growth strategies with clients
* Proven comfort and intellectual curiosity for working with very large sets of data, pulling in relevant team members to address identified - and sometimes undiscovered - client needs
* Full fluency in analytic/database management software such as SAS, SQL, SPSS or Access
* Strong multi-tasking abilities, flexibility, and patience in a fluid environment
* Professional attitude and service orientation; team player
* Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
* Willingness to travel - 50-70%
Who You'll Work With
You will work alongside Journey Analytics leaders in New York and the McKinsey Customer Experience leadership team. Journey Analytics is part of McKinsey's New Ventures.
Journey Analytics is a specialist analytics team dedicated to combining analytics, design and consulting frameworks to improve customer experience by understanding, tracking and predicting sequences of events and interactions, to create better outcomes for businesses and customers in a variety of data-rich industries. Visit us to see what our data scientists have been working on:
What You'll Do
You will play a key consultative and client-facing role in the development of big data and advanced analytics as a refined yet evolving capability of our client teams who advise the top firms across industries.
You will help to shape the future of what data-savvy organizations look like, in part by driving processes for data extraction and analysis, and creating new lines of thinking within our core clients. In this role, you will focus on helping our clients achieve transformational change by designing, developing and executing analytics work streams that serve as the catalyst to creating client impact. One of the core practice priorities is to establish the processes, mindsets & skills required to convert data to business intelligence and insights for our clients. You will not only expand our current Analytics capabilities, but will help architect new strategies and applications within a dynamic and innovative organization.
Leading your team of data scientists, you will work through our clients entire data ecosystems to understand what's available, what's missing - and where to find and collect that information. You will translate the team's findings and work with clients to engage on these and wider issues changing the analytics landscape across industries.
You will be the entrepreneurial leader that builds and owns analytics-based assets that bring the value of journey analytics to clients and their customers, at scale.
McKinsey & Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Associated topics: commercial, director, general manager, housing assistant, manager, manager facilities, resident, senior care, supervise, supervisor
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...