Since 1975, MAXIMUS has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. MAXIMUS delivers innovative business process management and technology solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, MAXIMUS is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit
Conduct a comprehensive Vocational assessment using TABE testing, vocational interest, skill testing, observations of work related behaviors, structured interviews and other tools identified as necessary by the CRC
Utilize professional knowledge and expertise to create an Individualized Vocational Plan based on the assessment and work related reasonable accommodations as applicable, which will dictate the services to be provided to the client by other vocational staff
Apply professional judgment to determine the required hours of engagement in vocational activities based on the results of the individual s assessment
Develop summary reports of assessment findings and interpretations, employment related assets and limitations, vocational and educational goals, and responsibilities of the client and provider
Serve as a Subject Matter Expert in Vocational Rehabilitation
Provide guidance to case management staff on serving the client and conduct follow up assessments and update Vocational plans as necessary
Maintain records and prepares reports and correspondence related to the work
Perform other duties as may be assigned by management
Master s degree required preferably in social work or a related field, such as psychology, vocational rehabilitation or occupational rehabilitation from an accredited institution plus minimum one (1) year experience in counseling or training and/or combination of work experience.
Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC certified) required
Preferred knowledge of the NY WeCARE program or programs that assist clients with disabilities to identify appropriate career paths through the individualized assessment of strengths, interests, barriers and reasonable accommodations
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct a face to face comprehensive assessment to make program determinations
- Utilize professional knowledge and expertise to create specific, individualized plans
- Develop necessary reports of findings and interpretations
- Collaborates with clients on program requirements to ensure needed results
- Provide guidance to case management staff on serving our clientele effectively
- Bachelor's degree with 3+ years of experience
- Ability to effectively communicate, counsel and motivate individuals with medical and /or mental health conditions that affect their employability
- Ability to successfully execute many complex tasks simultaneously
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
- Ability to work as a team member, as well as independently
- Ability to understand and follow internal policies, city, state and federal regulations
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies MAXIMUS deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. MAXIMUS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...