Marky s Caviar is a vertically integrated 35-year-old specialty retail and caviar business based in Florida, that has opened its first brick-and-mortar Manhattan location. The New York City location of Marky s, located on 1067 Madison Avenue (at 81st Street), features a retail gourmet storefront as well as an adjoining caviar bar experience, H SO.
HUSO is the fine casual dining room located behind Marky s Caviar highlighting the gourmet products available in our retail shop. At night HUSO is a caviar speakeasy, where Executive Chef Buddha Lo executes an eight-course tasting menu with caviar incorporated into every dish.
We are looking for an assistant manager who will help oversee all daily tasks, support and motivate all employees. Someone who is willing to wear multiple hats and have an easy transition working in a caviar bar that also is a retail shop. Our dining space seats 12 people max and we have one seating only at 10pm.
You will be working in a small team closely with the chef and a handful of servers, in a fun professional environment. This position is demanding, with a serious approach first class to customer service, quality of product and food.
- Must speak English
- Must be 21 years or older
- Fine dining + serving skills knowledge
- Wine knowledge (is a plus)
- NYC Food Handlers
- 2+ years of progressive management experience as an AGM or GM in a well-rated, service-driven restaurant, bar s or caf s
- Excellent communication and critical thinking decision-making skills
- Experience meeting financial goals
- Experience hiring, training and mentoring a diverse hourly FOH staff of at least 4-6 people
- Ability to drive sales and motivate employees
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and adapt quickly to change
As an AGM you will:
- Training staff/new members on daily functions, food and customer service
- Constantly challenge all staff members on learning menus, tasting notes and products sold in house
- Delegating tasks
- Handle administrative duties such as payroll, scheduling, inventories and invoice processing
- Responsible for ordering product, daily produce, bread and fulfill orders for supplies needed
- Doing inventory once a month
- Continually ensure quality control of all products and communicate to kitchen and back of house when issues arise
- Assist with promotional event planning,
- Respond to customer emails (daily), and handle guest complaints
- You will be asked to test employees to maintain a continual retraining process
- Support the chef + servers a few nights a week for dinner service and create guest relationships
- Family Meal Daily
- 20% off all retail items
- All beverages including coffee are $1.50 for employees
- Tasting and learning about caviar daily
- We provide a Marky s cashmere sweater and polo
- You are required to wear black, navy or brown shoes.
- No rings, bracelets or facial piercings are allowed to be worn during your shift
*At Marky s Caviar we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
Job Type: Full-time
Hours: We are open 7 days a week. Our operating hours are 10am-8pm.
We will staff in 2 shifts 9am-5pm and 4pm-11/12pm for AGMS shift times vary.
Associated topics: backend, day shift manager, grocery store manager, management, night manager, operations manager, restaurant general manager, restaurant leader, restaurant operations, service manager