Bryn Mawr Hospital is a 319-bed not-for-profit acute care hospital, located in the heart of the Bryn Mawr community and easily accessible from all areas of the Philadelphia and the western suburbs. For more than 100 years, Bryn Mawr Hospital has provided quality compassionate care to our patients. We have made it our mission to provide patients with a superior patient experience. This translates to the consistent delivery of safe, high quality clinical care in the absence of preventable harm. Today, the Hospital continues its leadership as a sophisticated community hospital offering advanced medical technology and access to the most qualified medical staff in the region.
Why Work at Bryn Mawr Hospital?
The Philadelphia Business Journal named Bryn Mawr Hospital one of the top ten \"Best Places to Work\" in the Delaware Valley. We also rank among Modern Healthcare's top 100 places in the nation to work in healthcare. The hospital has been named among U.S. News & World Report's Best Hospitals for the Philadelphia metro area and has been nationally recognized by Press Ganey, Truven Analytics, and The Joint Commission for its high quality patient care. The Hospital has received Magnet? designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the nation's highest award for recognizing excellence in nursing care. We are committed to providing exceptional care with empathy and compassion for people at all stages in life. Our Diversity, Respect and Inclusion Initiative celebrates our differences and our similarities. Ultimately, we want everyone to feel respected for who they are.
Seeking a Fulltime RN / Nurse Specialty Team for our Operating Room.
We have two positions available for the following services:
* Ortho & Neuro
* General Surgery
The Service Line Coordinator / Specialty Team Coordinator will assist the Nurse Manager in assuming responsibility for administrative management of their Operating Room Team.
Primary Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
* Implements intraoperative nursing needs for the patient population. Sets goals and prescribes appropriate nursing actions to meet the goals and the physical and psychosocial needs of the patient
* Develops annual objectives for Trauma specialty service
* Monitors room turnover and case setup
* Adjusts staffing levels relative to patient flow and collaborates with OR Schedule Coordinator to make daily assignments based on expertise.
* Provides for continuous updating and evaluation of educational needs within specialty area and in conjunction with the educator, establishes an orientation and education plan for the specialty service and updates clinical practices change.
* Provides employees with annual performance appraisals based on standards of care.
* Serves as a technical resource person.
* Directs and/or performs troubleshooting of equipment and/or procedural problems including equipment repair.
* Maintains adequate and appropriate inventories of supplies.
Fulltime, Day Shift
Monday ? Friday
No weekends or on-call
Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing
Current PA RN / Registered Nurse License
Bachelors Degree in Nursing, BSN current or in process
At least 3 years of recent Operating Room Nurse experience required
Leadership experience as a Charge Nurse, Preceptor, Coordinator, or Manager highly preferred
CNOR certification required within 12 months
BLS required on hire
Ability to communicate proficiently in English to perform job duties
Interpersonal and problem solving skills
Ability to utilize applicable computer applications
We offer competitive compensation and outstanding comprehensive benefits including tuition reimbursement, 403B matching savings plan, a pension plan, and a generous paid time off program.
Applicants must certify that they have not used tobacco products or nicotine in any form in the 90-days prior to submitting an application to Main Line Health. This will be verified during pre-employment testing.