- Main Line Health
- $87,660.00 -125,160.00/year*
1103 Market St
Main Line Health, with over 11,000 employees and 2000 physician practices, is suburban Philadelphia's most comprehensive health care resource, offering a full range of medical, surgical, obstetric, pediatric, psychiatric and emergency services. We are composed of five hospitals, a medical research institute, physician practices and other specialized facilities and services. Main Line Health is committed to the highest standards of patient care, education and research. Main Line Health has achieved numerous honors and awards and has been nationally recognized by Press Ganey, Truven Analytics, The Joint Commission and other health care ratings organizations for its high quality patient care. We have received Magnet? designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the nation's highest award for recognizing excellence in nursing care. At Main Line Health, we have made it our mission to provide patients with a superior patient experience. This translates to the consistent delivery of safe, high quality clinical care in the absence of preventable harm
Why Work for Main Line Health?
We are committed to providing exceptional care with empathy and compassion for people at all stages in life. Our Diversity, Respect and Inclusion Initiative celebrates our differences and our similarities. Ultimately, we want everyone to feel respected for who they are.
Main Line Health has consistently been ranked among the best places to work by Best Places to Work in PA and the Philadelphia Business Journal. We also rank among Modern Healthcare's top 100 places in the nation to work in health care. Our physicians and employees speak highly of the work environment at Main Line Health
Title: Process Improvement Engineer
The Process Improvement (PI) Engineer is responsible for organizing and managing, as well as assisting with development and execution of, multi-disciplinary PI initiatives with a focus on transformational, system-wide projects as well as local hospital chartered projects. The individual will work to successfully organize project planning and implementation and focus on ensuring sustainment of performance improvement, process redesign and change management activities throughout the system. In addition, the individual will assist the Director of Performance Measurement, Improvement and Analytics in leading critical analyses and redesign of existing processes and workflows to achieve enhanced levels of clinical, financial, service and operational performance.
Lead project teams and coaches team members in conducting performance improvement and process redesign projects using appropriate analytic and facilitation techniques as the situation requires:
* Assists in development of implementation strategies to maximize impact of improvement given current organizational circumstances and priorities
* Assists in conducting best practice research, process analyses, bench marking and performance baseline measurement activities.
* Improves processes using performance improvement methods such as Lean, DMAIC, FMEA, and re-engineering techniques.
* Develops analytic methodologies and collects and presents data analysis results in a concise and easy to understand manner.
* Measures current organizational and process performance using a variety of qualitative and quantitative techniques including: one-on-one user interviews, user workshops, surveys, observational studies, and statistical analysis.
* Develops process maps of existing and future state processes using appropriate techniques and software.
Project and Change Management
Utilizes key business skills to organize and manage large complex, multi-hospital projects as well as hospital-wide and departmental projects. Facilitates projects and assists team leaders and members in achieving the stated business objectives:
* Ability to apply performance improvement models and methodologies to complex organization problems
* Apply project management theory and tools to organize, coordinate and implement project goals, timelines and deliverables
* Uses strong oral and written communications skills to effectively convey project progress and results
* Applies group and process facilitation skills in leading groups and individuals
* Brings a strong understanding of the fundamental drivers of a hospital's business performance to the table during project planning and execution.
* Possesses a strong understanding of the change management issues and systemic changes (e.g. organization structure, performance metrics, information systems, role changes) associated with large scale change.
Perform additional duties as assigned.
Bachelors Degree required (Engineering discipline or Lean Six Sigma Blackbelt training/coursework)
Master Degree in related field desired
Licensure and Certification
Certified Lean Six Sigma Blackbelt (CLSSBB) required
Project management training and/or certification preferred
* At least 5 years in process improvement and project management or equivalent experience (healthcare preferred)
* Recent process improvement & project management experience with demonstrated results.
* Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills.
* Knowledge of concepts, techniques, and methodologies of implementing and coordinating process improvements in a variety of healthcare settings.
* Demonstrated ability to work with interdisciplinary teams. Ability to lead, direct, and instruct teams, utilizing tools to address opportunities for improvement
* Experience in providing reports and data analysis to a variety of audiences.
We offer competitive compensation and outstanding comprehensive benefits including tuition reimbursement, 403B matching savings plan, a pension plan, and a generous paid time off program. To be considered, please apply online with your resume at Enter Job ID 46747 in Keyword search box.
Applicants must certify that they have not used tobacco products or nicotine in any form in the 90-days prior to submitting an application to Main Line Health. This will be verified during pre-employment testing. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please, no agency calls.
Associated topics: business, cost efficient, industrial engineer, manufacturing engineer, methods engineer, project, sap, supply, supply chain
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...