Main Line Health is suburban Philadelphia's most comprehensive health care resource with over 11,000 employees, offering a full range of medical, surgical, obstetric, pediatric, psychiatric and emergency services. Composed of five hospitals, a medical research institute, physician practices and other specialized facilities and services. Recognized as a Magnet system Main Line Health is committed to the highest standards of patient care, education and research.
Bryn Mawr Hospital is a 319-bed not-for-profit acute care hospital, located in the heart of the Bryn Mawr community and easily accessible from all areas of the Philadelphia and the western suburbs. For more than 100 years, Bryn Mawr Hospital has provided quality compassionate care to our patients. We have made it our mission to provide patients with a superior patient experience. This translates to the consistent delivery of safe, high quality clinical care in the absence of preventable harm. Today, the Hospital continues its leadership as a sophisticated community hospital offering advanced medical technology and access to the most qualified medical staff in the region.
Why Work at Bryn Mawr Hospital?
The Philadelphia Business Journal named Bryn Mawr Hospital one of the top ten \"Best Places to Work\" in the Delaware Valley. We also rank among Modern Healthcare's top 100 places in the nation to work in healthcare. The hospital has been named among U.S. News & World Report's Best Hospitals for the Philadelphia metro area and has been nationally recognized by Press Ganey, Truven Analytics, and The Joint Commission for its high quality patient care. The Hospital has received Magnet? designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the nation's highest award for recognizing excellence in nursing care.
We are committed to providing exceptional care with empathy and compassion for people at all stages in life. Our Diversity, Respect and Inclusion Initiative celebrates our differences and our similarities. Ultimately, we want everyone to feel respected for who they are.
Turn your job into a career by joining Main Line Health!
JOB TITLE: Sonographer
Performs a variety of ultrasound procedures for the interpretation by; and at the request of a licensed practitioner. Exercises professional judgment in performance of services following established protocols and maintains a demeanor complimentary to MLH standards and medical ethics. Provides appropriate care for all patient populations. Demonstrates ability to work independently in provision of services.
* Performs a variety of ultrasound procedures.
* Verifies patient's clinical history, ensuring information is accurate, documented and available for use by a licensed practitioner.
* Prepares patient for procedures; providing instructions to obtain desired results, gain cooperation, and minimize anxiety.
* Evaluates images for technical quality, assuring proper identification are recorded and resolves PACS and Information Systems documentation QA issues.
* Performs additional duties as requested.
* Graduate of an accredited cardiac ultrasound training program with an Associate degree in Cardiovascular Technology or 3 years experience in the field.
Licensures & Certifications:
* RDCS, RCVT, RCS, preferred, or registry eligible. If registry eligible, registration must be obtained within 1 year.
* Minimum of 1 year experience as a cardiac sonographer preferred.
* Minimum of 3 years experience preferred if not a graduate of an accredited cardiac ultrasound training program.
* Ability to perform Echo, Stress Echo, and assist with TEE.
We offer competitive compensation and outstanding comprehensive benefits including tuition reimbursement, 403B matching savings plan, a pension plan, and a generous paid time off program. To be considered, please apply online with your resume at Enter Job ID 48783 in Keyword search box.
Applicants must certify that they have not used tobacco products or nicotine in any form in the 90-days prior to submitting an application to Main Line Health. This will be verified during pre-employment testing. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please, no agency calls.