Main Line HealthCare, with over 11,000 employees and 2000 physician practices, is suburban Philadelphia's most comprehensive health care resource, offering a full range of medical, surgical, obstetric, pediatric, psychiatric and emergency services. We are composed of five hospitals, a medical research institute, Main Line HealthCare physician practices and other specialized facilities and services. Main Line Health is committed to the highest standards of patient care and safety, education and research.
Turn your job into a career by joining Main Line Health!
We have a new position for a Oncology Nurse Navigator with our Paoli Hospital Cancer Center in Paoli, PA.
This is a Full Time, 40 hour/week Monday-Friday, No weekends or holiday's.
* Works with the Administrative Director, Radiology and Program Director, Oncology on Program Development and growth.
* Enhances image and reputation of the breast program; maintains visible presence with referring physicians, community organizations, and professional associations.
* Participates in marketing initiatives. Initiates community outreach efforts to increase breast health awareness in collaboration with marketing/public relations personnel.
* Works with Administrative Director, Radiology on budget development, expense monitoring and other operational issues.
* Assists in the recruitment/selection process of new employees of the Breast Center.
* Collaborates with Quality Assurance Coordinator to identify appropriate quality indicators for breast program; tracks and reports results as required.
* Ongoing assessment of breast care program operations ensuring a streamlined process for patients.
* Coordinates clinical care related to breast diseases; helps patients in expediting scheduling of treatment and follow up care; serves as patient advocate and liaison for coordinating clinical care including breast imaging, surgical consultation, and other specialty referrals.
* Coordinates weekly breast cancer conference, and participates in other relevant multidisciplinary case conferences and family conferences.
* Acts as liaison for coordinating patient care including scheduling office visits, tests, surgical procedures, etc. Educates the patients about abnormal findings, next steps and provides emotional support.
* Collaborates with physicians coordinating breast clinical research efforts.
* Serves as a patient advocate by:
? Assisting patients in obtaining medical records from both internal and external facilities.
? Assists patients in obtaining timely appointments for tests, surgery and follow up care.
? Assists patients with transportation issues through collaboration with social worker and community organizations such as American Cancer Society.
? Educates patients and family on breast diseases.
? Provides lists of oncology resources to patients and family, including psychosocial and nutritional support, lymphedema, and CAM and helps to facilitate contacts.
* Acts as liaison with the Lankenau Hospital cancer program.
* Identifies patients for clinical trials and makes referrals to CCOP staff in conjunction with physicians; works with CCOP staff to keep up-to-date on all current trials.
* Identifies patients for Cancer Risk Assessment and Genetics Program and coordinates referrals to genetic counselor.
* Participates in Quality/Performance Improvement activities.
* Bachelor's Degree in nursing required; Master's Degree in nursing preferred.
Licensures & Certifications:
* Current license to practice nursing in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
* Current certification in oncology nursing by ONC preferred (or required within two (2) years of hire date).
* Three (3) years experience in breast health
* One (1) year oncology nursing preferred
* Supervisory/leadership experience preferred
* Strong and effective verbal, written, and presentation skills
* Self starter, enthusiastic, able to motivate others
* Strong interpersonal skills; able to professionally interact with all internal and external customers
* Strong service excellence commitment
* Excellent patient care skills
* Patient and family education experience
We offer competitive compensation and outstanding comprehensive benefits including tuition reimbursement, 403B matching savings plan, a pension plan, and a generous paid time off program. To be considered, please apply online with your resume at
Applicants must certify that they have not used tobacco products or nicotine in any form in the 90-days prior to submitting an application to Main Line Health. This will be verified during pre-employment testing. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please, no agency calls.