Main Line Health, with over 11,000 employees and 2000 physician practices, is suburban Philadelphia's most comprehensive health care resource, offering a full range of medical, surgical, obstetric, pediatric, psychiatric and emergency services. We are composed of five hospitals, a medical research institute, physician practices and other specialized facilities and services. Main Line Health is committed to the highest standards of patient care, education and research.
Main Line Health has achieved numerous honors and awards and has been nationally recognized by Press Ganey, Truven Analytics, The Joint Commission and other health care ratings organizations for its high quality patient care. We have received Magnet? designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the nation's highest award for recognizing excellence in nursing care. At Main Line Health, we have made it our mission to provide patients with a superior patient experience. This translates to the consistent delivery of safe, high quality clinical care in the absence of preventable harm
Why Work for Main Line Health?
We are committed to providing exceptional care with empathy and compassion for people at all stages in life. Our Diversity, Respect and Inclusion Initiative celebrates our differences and our similarities. Ultimately, we want everyone to feel respected for who they are. Main Line Health has consistently been ranked among the best places to work by Best Places to Work in PA and the Philadelphia Business Journal. We also rank among Modern Healthcare's top 100 places in the nation to work in health care. Our physicians and employees speak highly of the work environment at Main Line Health
We have a newly created position for a motivated IT Service Now Developer to join our fast paced corporate IT department located in Berwyn.
The ServiceNow Developer is responsible for the development and sustained support of the ServiceNow IT Service Management system.
Responsibilities to Include:
* Provide creative solutions to improve access to Information Technology services, resolve business problems leveraging on system capabilities and reduce services process gaps (ITSM/ITIL).
* Provide expert technical assistance for software configuration/customization, workflow administration, custom coding and scripting, and third party software integrations.
* Bachelors degree in Information Systems, technology, clinical or related discipline desired.
Licensures & Certifications:
* ServiceNow System Administrator Certification preferred.
* ITIL V3 Foundation certification preferred.
* 1-3 years direct experience as a ServiceNow administrator desired. This includes, configuring core ServiceNow modules in an enterprise environment including the delegation of groups, modification of CMS, workflows, business rules, UI actions, UI policies, ACLs, dictionary, catalog items and updates of all other existing solutions requiring revisions.
* Comprehensive understanding of Service Management processes.
* Possess an in-depth knowledge of the various ServiceNow modules including: Incident, Problem & Change Management, Service Catalog, Knowledge Management, Configuration Management, Reporting, LDAP, SSO, MID Server, Inbound/Outbound emails and Discovery.
* Familiar with LDAP, MS Active Directory, ADFS and integration with ServiceNow.
* Familiar with Service Oriented architecture and web services integration (SOAP, WSDL, REST).
* Knowledge of technical components such as LDAP, VPN, SSL and other such technologies.
* The ability to take complex end-user requirements to system requirements to code
* Experience in the management of all phases of the application lifecycle and best practices to include requirement gathering, design, development, testing (application code and user acceptance), and deployment.
* Experience creating ServiceNow update sets, promoting and testing through multiple instances and into production preferred.
* Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
* Technically savvy and able to design and build applications that meet business goals and objectives.
* Capable of working independently as well as in a team environment.
* Must be able to handle multiple tasks and projects with various and changing levels of priority.
* Service oriented attitude.
We offer competitive compensation and outstanding comprehensive benefits including tuition reimbursement, 403B matching savings plan, a pension plan, and a generous paid time off program. To be considered, please apply online with your resume at Enter Job ID 48457 in Keyword search box.
Applicants must certify that they have not used tobacco products or nicotine in any form in the 90-days prior to submitting an application to Main Line Health. This will be verified during pre-employment testing. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please, no agency calls.