Main Line Health is suburban Philadelphia's most comprehensive health care resource with over 11,000 employees, offering a full range of medical, surgical, obstetric, pediatric, psychiatric and emergency services. Composed of five hospitals, a medical research institute, physician practices and other specialized facilities and services. Recognized as a Magnet system Main Line Health is committed to the highest standards of patient care, education and research.
Riddle Hospital, a Magnet? designated hospital located in scenic Media, PA, is a not-for-profit acute care hospital with 204 inpatient beds, plus 23 Transitional Care Center beds. Riddle has been nationally recognized by The Joint Commission, the Society of Chest Pain Centers and other healthcare rating organizations for its high quality patient care. The Joint Commission lists Riddle Hospital as among the nation's top performers on key quality measures for heart attack, heart failure, stroke, pneumonia, and surgical care. The Hospital has received Magnet? designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the nation's highest award for recognizing excellence in nursing care.
We have made it our mission to provide patients with a superior patient experience. This translates to the consistent delivery of safe, high quality clinical care in the absence of preventable harm.
Why Work at Riddle Hospital?
We are listed by US News & World Report as among the Top 10 Best Hospitals in the Philadelphia metropolitan area. Our Diversity, Respect and Inclusion Initiative celebrate our differences and our similarities. Ultimately, we want everyone to feel respected for who they are. Also, our physicians and employees speak highly of the work environment at Main Line Health. We have been consistently ranked among the best places to work by Best Places to Work in PA and the Philadelphia Business Journal. We are committed to providing exceptional care with empathy and compassion for people at all stages in life. Our Diversity, Respect and Inclusion Initiative celebrate our differences and our similarities. Ultimately, we want everyone to feel respected for who they are.
Turn your job into a career by joining Main Line Health!
The Food Service Assistant provides excellent customer service to patients, employees & visitors in the food service area, maintaining all food safety standards and guidelines.
* Assists on the patient tray line as assigned.
* May collect menus and assemble & deliver nourishments and patient feedings to assigned units.
* Completes daily and weekly sanitation assignments.
* Maintains work area in a clean and sanitary manner.
* May assist in the dish room before and after meal periods.
* Stores small wares according to established standards.
* Empties trash in designated receptacles.
* Maintains department floors by sweeping and mopping.
* Displays a polite and friendly customer service attitude to co-workers and customers.
* Sets up and maintains retail service areas during meal periods as assigned.
* Assists with catered events if necessary.
* Completes additional duties assigned by supervisor.
* Recognizes and adopts activities appropriate to the specific needs of the patient/resident population and demonstrates knowledge of specific issues directly related to age of patient/resident population.
* Follows all cost containment measures and sanitation standards.
* Attends In-Services and meetings as scheduled, follows department policy on attendance, punctuality and dress.
* Incorporates the organization's mission and values into daily performance.
* Maintains compliance with standards of operation. Maintains all records and reports necessary to comply with standards, regulations and codes.
* Ability to read, write, and communicate sufficiently to perform required tasks.
* One year previous food service experience in a health care environment preferred.
* Ability to lift and push up to 50 lbs.
* Ability to remain standing or walking during the shift with exception of meal breaks.
Equipment Used: Foodcarts, small hand carts, pot sink, serving utensils, small hand equipment, knives.
To be considered, please apply online with your resume at Enter Job ID 48914 in Keyword search box.
Applicants must certify that they have not used tobacco products or nicotine in any form in the 90-days prior to submitting an application to Main Line Health. This will be verified during pre-employment testing. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please, no agency calls.