Main Line HealthCare, with over 11,000 employees and 2000 physician practices, is suburban Philadelphia's most comprehensive health care resource, offering a full range of medical, surgical, obstetric, pediatric, psychiatric and emergency services. We are composed of five hospitals, a medical research institute, Main Line HealthCare physician practices and other specialized facilities and services. Main Line Health is committed to the highest standards of patient care and safety, education and research.
Why Work for Main Line HealthCare?
Main Line HealthCare is the rapidly growing multispecialty physician network of Main Line Health? including more than 390 community and hospital-based physicians spanning over 32 clinical specialties and subspecialties, with 88 offices located throughout the area including suburban Philadelphia. Main Line HealthCare strives to be the destination of choice for patients, physicians, and health care professionals. We have made it our mission to provide patients with a superior patient experience. This translates to the consistent delivery of safe, high quality clinical care in the absence of preventable harm
Turn your job into a career by joining Main Line Health!
We have a new position for a Certified Nurse Midwife with Main Line HealthCare's Riddle OB/GYN Associates in Media, PA.
Our board-certified physicians care for everyone from pediatrics through geriatrics and believe that a long-term relationship with the family can enhance the care for each individual member. Our mission is to help you achieve optimal health through promoting a healthy lifestyle and disease prevention
While functioning in the expanded role, the Certified Nurse Midwife performs acts of medical diagnosis, technical and therapeutic procedures in collaboration with attending physicians. As an advanced practice providers, the Certified Nurse Midwife role involves independent judgement and decision-making as well as consultation and collaboration with other members of the health care team. The Certified Nurse Midwife shall enhance the continuity of quality patient care; amplify communication between the physician, family members and the health care team; and extend the capabilities of the medical care team.
This is a Full Time, 40 hour/week Monday-Friday, No weekends or holiday's.
Responsibilities to include:
* Provides ambulatory routine obstetric, gynecologic and family planning care for the patients at the Lankenau Medical Care Center. This includes one evening session per week for the family planning patients.
* Gathers thorough history and performs appropriate physical/pelvic examination, and documents findings in an accurate, concise, comprehensive and confidential manner.
* Differentiates normal and abnormal findings in relation to the woman's obstetrical, gynecologic, medical and/or surgical history. Collaborates with the resident or attending physician regarding findings and plan of care.
* Orders appropriate laboratory, x-ray, diagnostic and screening tests within the current medical guidelines and consistent with pre-approved protocols for advanced nurse practitioners
* Writes prescriptions for the dispensing of outpatient medications as outlined via pre-approved guidelines or protocols.
* Identifies and provides relevant education to patient and their support team/families as needed.
* Initiates outpatient referrals to other consultative services for further medical evaluation and treatment as needed.
* Acts as physician liaison in the coordination of healthcare provision in the Ob Gyn and Family Planning clinic.
* Performs Basic Obstetrical ultrasound as needed under the care and supervision of the Attending Supervisor.
* (Basic Ultrasound ?Fetal viability and number, placental location, AFI)
* Evaluate and assess women with acute, obstetric or gynecologic issues in the outpatient setting and refer for further assessment in another patient care unit in the hospital if appropriate (i.e. - Emergency Department, Ante partum Unit, Labor and Delivery)
* Completion of an accredited Nurse Practitioner or Certified Nurse Midwife program
* Licensed by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nurse Examiners as a Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner (CRNP) or Certified Nurse Midwife
* Current prescription writing privileges
* Licensures & Certifications:
* BLS certification
* Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner or Certified Nurse Midwife in the State of Pennsylvania
* Successful completion of the MLHS credentialing process through the Medical Staff office, with temporary and then permanent privileges approved.
* 2 years or greater advanced care nurse experience in ob/gyn or family medicine required
Department Specific Competencies:
* Knowledge of antenatal testing procedures (Basic Ultrasounds, NST, BPP)
* Ability to perform Basic First Trimester Ultrasound after appropriate training ( will provide if necessary)
* See Delineation of Privileges for approved procedures
We offer competitive compensation and outstanding comprehensive benefits including tuition reimbursement, 403B matching savings plan, a pension plan, and a generous paid time off program. To be considered, please apply online with your resume at Enter Job ID48927 in Keyword search box.
Applicants must certify that they have not used tobacco products or nicotine in any form in the 90-days prior to submitting an application to Main Line Health. This will be verified during pre-employment testing. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please, no agency calls.