Location: Primary Location: Riddle Hospital, Media PA with travel to other Cardiology Pracitce
Shift: Daytime hours 7:15am - 4:15pm, Full Time 40 hours/week Monday - Friday
Weekend Requirements: None
Main Line HealthCare, with over 11,000 employees and 2000 physician practices, is suburban Philadelphia's most comprehensive health care resource, offering a full range of medical, surgical, obstetric, pediatric, psychiatric and emergency services. We are composed of five hospitals, a medical research institute, Main Line HealthCare physician practices and other specialized facilities and services. Main Line Health is committed to the highest standards of patient care and safety, education and research.
Why Work for Main Line HealthCare?
Main Line HealthCare is the rapidly growing multispecialty physician network of Main Line Health? including more than 390 community and hospital-based physicians spanning over 32 clinical specialties and subspecialties, with 88 offices located throughout the area including suburban Philadelphia. Main Line HealthCare strives to be the destination of choice for patients, physicians, and health care professionals. We have made it our mission to provide patients with a superior patient experience. This translates to the consistent delivery of safe, high quality clinical care in the absence of preventable harm
Turn your job into a career by joining Main Line Health!
We have a new position for a Full Time Cardiology Sonographer with the Lankenau Heart Group. The Primary location is Riddle Hospital, Media PA, but this position will require travel to multiple practice locations.
Lankenau Heart Group, part of the Lankenau Heart Institute-a nationally recognized, world-class program that is at the forefront of cardiovascular medicine. Our group includes experienced board certified physicians, nurses and staff who collaborate to provide each patient with outstanding, personalized care. Our team of cardiologists, cardiovascular surgeons and sub-specialists offer uncompromising care at convenient locations throughout the Philadelphia area, including Lankenau Medical Center (home to our state-of-the-art Heart Pavilion), Bryn Mawr Hospital, Paoli Hospital and Riddle Hospital, as well as many community offices across the region. Services include General Cardiology, Interventional Cardiology, Electrophysiology, Heart failure, Cardiac surgery and Aortic surgery.
The Cardiology Sonographer will be working Full Time, 40 hour/week position Monday - Friday 7:45am - 4:15pm
Performs a variety of ultrasound procedures for the interpretation by; and at the request of a licensed practitioner. Exercises professional judgment in performance of services following established protocols and maintains a demeanor complimentary to MLH standards and medical ethics. Provides appropriate care for all patient populations. Demonstrates ability to work independently in provision of services.
* Prepare patient for echo and treadmill stress testing. * Obtains signed consent for stress testing. * Evaluates abnormal pathology and notifies physician of any life-threatening or relevant test data and /or condition. * Verifies patient's clinical history, ensuring information is accurate, documented and available for use by a licensed practitioner. * Selects and operates ultrasound equipment, imaging and associated accessories to successfully complete an examination. * Evaluates images for technical quality, assuring proper identification are recorded and resolves PACS and Information Systems documentation QA issues. * Applies principles of confidentiality (HIPAA) to all patient matters. * Performs daily Crash Cart/Defibrillator check. * Ability to troubleshoot equipment, arranges service with the manager of the labs. * Handles all clerical duties associated with the echo lab including preparation of studies for review, logging, archiving, entering charges into EMR and CD duplication as required.
Cardiac Ultrasound Required
* Graduate of a cardiovascular technology program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP).
Licensures & Certifications:
* ARDMS-RDCS or CCI-RCS required. * New Graduates - Registration must be obtained within 1 year of date of hire.
* Minimum of 3 years' experience as a cardiac sonographer * Ability to perform Echocardiogram and Stress Echocardiograms
Vascular Ultrasound Required
* Graduate of an accredited vascular technology program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP).
Licensures & Certifications:
* ARDMS-RVT or CCI-RVS required. * New Graduates - Registration must be obtained within 1 year of date of hire
* Minimum of 3 years' experience as a vascular sonographer * Ability to perform Carotid Ultrasound and Abdominal Ultrasound studies. * Ability to perform Lower Extremities, preferred
* Ability to stand, sit and/or walk 100% of shift required * Ability to lift and transfer patients (using proper body mechanics and assistance as necessary) to and from wheelchairs and stretchers required.
Equipment /Software Used: May include, but not limited to?
* Ultrasound imaging equipment (Philips, GE, Siemens) * Pulse Volume Recorders (PVR) * Transcranial Doppler Unit (TCD) * Hand held dopplers * Stress Testing Equipment (Monitor/Treadmill) GE, Mortara, Midmark * Cardiology PACS * Computer * Electronic Medical Records
* Possible exposure to low-level radiation * Possible chemical and biological exposure * Refer to Infection Control Manual * Refer to Fire/Safety Manual
We offer competitive compensation and outstanding comprehensive benefits including tuition reimbursement, 403B matching savings plan, a pension plan, and a generous paid time off program. To be considered, please apply online with your resume at Enter Job ID48338 in Keyword search box.
Applicants must certify that they have not used tobacco products or nicotine in any form in the 90-days prior to submitting an application to Main Line Health. This will be verified during pre-employment testing. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please, no agency calls.