Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, and user experience. We are growing quickly, and this is the time to get on board and play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
The Senior Software Release Engineer is a member of the Engineering team and is responsible for the testing, verification, and release processes for Magic Leap's cloud products. They work closely with stakeholders from Engineering, Product and Program Management to coordinate the on-time and quality release of software to production. The Senior Software Release Engineer is expected to completely own the software release life cycle, including verification, testing, assurance, quality control, documentation, traceability, release, and release documentation. They will be agile, collaborative, and focused with an extremely deep technical understanding of Magic Leap's software products and will be wholly committed to delivering a quality product.
* Acts as the gatekeeper to the production environment, ensuring conformance to policies and operational processes/procedures, release integration testing and production validation
* Maintains conformance to release standards, require to test traceability, monitoring and coding standards
* Measure and monitor progress to ensure software releases are delivered on time
* Manages risk and dependencies, communicates and issues that release scope, schedule and quality
* Manage and update affected sprints for each release and ensure Epic and Story statuses in Jira are updated, verified, and closed out correctly.
* Coordinate release content and effort based on the initiative and features
* Communicate all key changes including requirements, QE plans, schedule, and scope changes
* Tracks, promotes, and publishes completed program features and program and team objectives
* Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations
* Conduct and lead release readiness reviews, milestone reviews, and business go/no-go reviews
* Communicate release details, notes and product changes to Product and Program as required
* Negotiate, plan and manage all release activities
* Work with SRE and engineers to coordinate all build and release activities - branching strategy, analyze the impacts of branches / environment and code merges
* Maintains the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across key partners and vendors.
* Focused on continuous improvement in an agile work environment
* Lead and co-ordinate the go-live activities including the execution of the deployment plans and checklists
* Plays an instrumental role in the organization's BDD transformation, acts as a change agent, and shows strong leadership skills with a positive and collaborative attitude
* Validates features and scenarios as needed to support QE efforts
* Create automation scripts, UI's, and continuous delivery pipeline that enhance and expand our CI/CD services
* Support and improve our tools for continuous delivery pipeline, automated operations validation testing and release management procedures
* 5-7 Years of Experience
* Experience with public cloud providers (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform, etc.)
* Experience with tracking and maintaining agile testing methodologies using Jira
* Comfort with with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
* 3 plus years of experience using one or several automation tools (Jenkins, Concourse CI, Bitbucket Pipelines, etc.)
* Minimum of five years experience working in a quality engineering or development role
* BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
* AWS certification preferred
* All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
Associated topics: .net, back end, c++, java, matlab, php, software developer, software development engineer, software engineer, sw