Through the power of the Holy Spirit and in response to God's love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, who are in need, or who have limited choices.
LSMNJ team members are dedicated to providing healing, hope and hospitality, regardless of religious background through a diversified social ministry program addressing many critical human care needs.
We are seeking employees that share those same values and want to make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
Crane's Mill, a premier continuing retirement community located in desirable West Caldwell, is currently seeking a Registered Nurse. This position is per diem (as needed), offering flexible scheduling and competitive pay! Coverage needed 3 PM to 11 PM and 11 PM to 7 AM every other weekend.
General Responsibilities: Under the direction of the Director of Nursing, manages delivery of care to the residents of the Skilled Nursing Unit and/or Assisted Living/Memory Support Unit, and responds to emergencies within the Independent Living Unit. Supervises Licensed Practical Nurses and Certified Nursing Assistants during the performance of their assigned duties.
Duties include the following:
* Responsible for and/or assists staff with admissions, transfers and emergencies within the continuum of care.
* Provide services to residents in accordance with all applicable standards and practices of the Registered Nurse professional Code of Ethics within the State of New Jersey and the Lutheran Social Ministries Code of Ethics.
* Appropriately interact with residents, responsible parties, family, friends, physicians, other related health care and non health care professionals, visitors, vendors and Federal, State and local regulatory agencies in a professional and courteous manner.
* Perform and/or assist with resident assessments upon admission, following an incident or during the performance of daily assigned duties.
* Initiate, participate in and/or assist with the completion of resident's Plan of Care and MDS 3.0 within the guidelines of Federal and State regulations.
* Participate in Care Plan meetings and departmental care planning review meetings.
* Administer and/or supervise the appropriate dispensing of resident medications.
* Document all significant reported/observed medically related events or incidents within the resident's file as outlined by all Federal, State and local regulations.
* Document all pertinent medical information in the electronic medical records (EMR) systems including VISION and RL6 event reporting while maintaining strict resident confidentially and compliance with HIPPA.
* Relay pertinent information to all appropriate staff, physicians, responsible parties, licensing agencies as well as any other lawful agency as indicated by scope of event or incident as it relays to insuring the safety and well being of each resident.
* Supervise staff and/or assists residents with their activities of daily living, health related and psychosocial needs, serves as a health educator per resident need and/or upon request.
* Insure appropriate number of staff is available for each shift in the event of a call out or \"no show.\"
* Actively participates in the survey process by authorized State and Federal regulatory agencies.
* Meets all training requirements including RELIAS.
* Practice Standard Precautions; practices the safe and proper handling and disposal of all infected materials, equipment and linens and enforces staff compliance.
* Completes annual compliance and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the LSMNJ Code of Ethics and Business Integrity in the performance of duties.
* Adheres to the Organization's Policies and Procedures regarding the Compliance Program of the organization and is timely in reporting any possible concerns.
* Follows all local, state and federal regulations as they pertain to the position.
* Adheres to the Organization's Policies and Procedures covering Privacy and Security in Compliance with HIPAA regulations.
* Other duties as assigned by the supervisor, necessary for the efficient operation of the department/facility.
Associated topics: bsn, cardiothoracic, care unit, hospice, infusion, mhb, registered nurse, staff nurse, surgical, unit