We are hiring experienced line cooks for FULL TIME employment. Applicants should have at least 1 year experience in a fast-paced NYC kitchen and a thirst to learn.
Loosie's Kitchen was born out of the idea to create a space where everyone is welcome, conversations flow freely, and an extended family is made within the community. At the heart of it all, food and hospitality is the centerpiece. Serving elevated southern-style hospitality under the Williamsburg Bridge, we welcome guest chefs, artists, and musicians through our door regularly. It's a haven to all who share our spirit of community.
Candidates should have solid skills, sharp knives, a highly developed sense of urgency, and be able to work well under pressure. A culinary degree is preferred but not required. Candidates need to be team-oriented, have a willingness to contribute with a flexible and positive attitude and a desire to create the best guest experience.
-Employee dining privileges
-Opportunities for growth and career advancement
Pay rate will be discussed following a successful kitchen trail.
- Sets up station according to Chef s guidelines
- Follows recipes, portion controls, pars, and presentation specifics as set by the Chef
- Restocks items as needed throughout shift.
- Keeps a clean, safe, organization work station
- Uses/maintains all equipment in station properly
- Assists with scrub down and organization of kitchen, refrigeration and storage areas, etc.
- Performs additional tasks as requested by the Chef or Sous Chef
- Conforms to Department of Health requirements to run an A-level kitchen
- Handles food products in a thoughtful manner, generating minimal waste
- Takes accurate stock of inventory
- Basic understanding of professional cooking
- Knife handling skills
- Following recipes without direct supervision
- Basic kitchen etiquette and safety
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with colleagues
- Able to stand longer than 8 hrs (must)
- Able to move or lift 50 lbs on intermittent basis & 35 lbs regularly (must)
- Able to bend, stoop & push
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
More detail about Loosie's Kitchen & Cafe, please visit
Associated topics: cocinero, commercial kitchen, cook, diner, kitchen, kitchen prep, line cook, maker, persona de parilla, station