Led by over 10,000 employees ? including you ? Lincoln Financial Group provides advice and solutions that help empower people to take charge of their financial lives with confidence and optimism. Today, more than 17 million customers trust our retirement, insurance and wealth protection expertise to help address their lifestyle, savings and income goals, as well as to guard against long-term care expenses.
This position will perform and deliver on assignments/projects for the Modeling & Analytics team within the Mark Risk Management (MRM) function. S/he will contribute to the design & development of sophisticated stochastic annuity liability models used to support annuity risk management, hedging, investments and capital calculations. This role will collaboratively develop models that blend complex advanced stochastic mathematics, high performance GPU cloud-based computing along with exotic hybrid derivative pricing. S/he will leverage knowledge to develop skills in advanced financial mathematics, modeling & high performance computing.
* Collaborates with senior team members to analyze, design, code and test solutions for systems of moderate to high complexity, including distributed and cloud computing platforms
* Contributes to team development and maintenance of sophisticated projection models to measure investment guarantees and insurance liabilities under various economic scenarios.
* Critiques, reviews and comments on the modeling & technical designs of peers and recommends enhancements to various systems under development or being currently utilized.
* Develops, codes and tests models that use economic scenarios, monte carlo simulations, analytical stochastic solutions and model parameter calibrations.
* Effectively communicates connections between MRMs models and how they impact other areas and metrics across the enterprise.
* Performs hands-on modeling & programming of liability valuations and cashflows supporting company-defined hedge targets that may be economic, GAAP, statutory, or capital in nature
* Performs hands-on modeling & programming of quantitative financial models to value various assets, from fixed income portfolios to derivatives including exotic equity derivatives, rate derivatives, FX & credit instruments along with rate-equity hybrids
* Proactively identifies problems, develops solutions & communicates effectively with internal stakeholders and management.
Education & Experience
* 4 Year/Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor's)in in quantitative field (e.g. physics, mathematics, finance, statistics, actuarial science, engineering) (Minimum Required)
* 1 - 3+ Years progressive experience in developing and/or programming mathematical or financial models and translation of models to an object-oriented language (e.g. Python/R/Java/C++) (Required)
* Master'/Ph.D degree in Computer Science or other quantitative field (e.g. physics, mathematics, finance, statistics, actuarial science, engineering) with relevant project work/experience (Preferred)
* Travel Type : National Domestic
* Travel Amount : < 10%
This position may be subject to Lincoln's Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln's current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group (\"LFG\") is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-###-####.