II-VI Optical Systems' designs, manufactures, assembles and tests precision optical systems and components. Our products have been deployed on military platforms such as submarines, tanks, missiles, fighter jets and UAV's. II-VI Optical Systems has grown over the years from a provider of specialty optical materials to a full service provider of optical components and optical systems.
Since its establishment in 1961, II-VI Optical Systems has maintained a commitment to customer satisfaction and continuous improvement. Our commitment to customer satisfaction is achieved by continuous training of our staff with focus on quality, on-time delivery, and cost reduction. From the initial customer inquiry to final delivery, meeting the customer's requirements is our primary objective.
Under direct supervision, performs basic manufacturing processes, including but not limited to substrate preparation, coating, patterning, retouch and finishing. Performs support functions with minor decision authority to keep the manufacturing running effectively, bringing bigger problems to management's attention.
High School Diploma or (GED) or equivalent experience with emphasis on math or science. Some college or vocational training in physical science, mathematics or engineering field preferred.
Knowledge of photolithography or precision manufacturing techniques preferred; 3 to 5 years actual photolithography or related manufacturing experience desired.
1. Fundamental math skills are required; advanced math skills (algebra, trigonometry) preferred.
2. Ability to read instructions and maintain concise written records are required.
3. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
4. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions in furnished written, oral or diagram form.
5. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
6. Basic skills in MS Office
\"II-VI Optical Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law\"