II-VI Optical Systems' designs, manufactures, assembles and tests precision optical systems and components. Our products have been deployed on military platforms such as submarines, tanks, missiles, fighter jets and UAV's. II-VI Optical Systems has grown over the years from a provider of specialty optical materials to a full service provider of optical components and optical systems.
Since its establishment in 1961, II-VI Optical Systems has maintained a commitment to customer satisfaction and continuous improvement. Our commitment to customer satisfaction is achieved by continuous training of our staff with focus on quality, on-time delivery, and cost reduction. From the initial customer inquiry to final delivery, meeting the customer's requirements is our primary objective.
Primary technical interface for maintenance, repair, and construction of production machinery. Ensures that the company's production machines are functioning within their operating windows and prescribed preventative maintenance will ensure maximum up-time. Oversees the proper operation of the company's HVAC, water plant, electrical, other utility systems. Provides hands-on set-up, repair and maintenance as needed.
Assures compliance with all codes (local, state, and national) and lease agreements for company's buildings and related surrounding areas. Assists in cost, schedule, and technical reports related to all facility modifications or expansions. Helps in coordinating personnel and outside vendors to expedite facility modification and expansion projects.
AA degree or equivalent in engineering, facilities, etc. Journeyman level experience with repair & maintenance of production equipment. HVAC Certification a plus.
Minimum 5 - 7 years of experience in facilities including significant experience in light manufacturing, CNC equipment and construction projects.
1. Ability to troubleshoot electrical, mechanical, and HVAC equipment problems.
2. Ability to work effectively with local, state, and national regulatory agencies such as DER, EPA, OSHA, NEC, etc.
3. Knowledge of engineering and design disciplines related to construction, maintenance, and troubleshooting of production machinery and facilities used in the manufacture and coating of optical elements.
4. Strong project management skills with the ability to coordinate internal and external resources. Good interpersonal skills, both written and oral.
5. Ability to work independently and in a team scenario
\"II-VI Optical Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.\"