- $95,660.00 -139,760.00/year*
1103 Market St
Software Engineer (Java Apache Camel/ServiceMix/Karaf, Red Hat Fuse, Linux) - 100% VIRTUAL
In addition, will serve as a business modeler/data analyst for data projects and initiatives, creating conceptual and logical business models used to generate physical data models and database schema.
This position will allow for the employee to work 100% remotely.
Will also perform the following duties:
Configure a RedHat Linux environment and setup/use Git. Analyze data from a variety of structured and unstructured data sources. Assist other team members with implementing requirements.
Use Application Servers (latest versions of Linux Server) and Virtualization Technologies to deploy solutions.
Collaborate with various IT Team members and participate on related projects and programs for the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
Use good communications skills in working directly with government customers and other contractors.
Typical education and experience:
* Typically requires BS and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience.
Basic qualifications (MUST HAVE)
* Demonstrable proficiency with one OSGi-enabled platform, such as: Apache ServiceMix, Apache Karaf, Apache Felix, Apache Equinox, or JBoss FUSE (NOT JBoss EAP).
High degree of skill in Java development, using Git, Spring Frameworks, and Maven
Experience with Linux operating systems.
* Highly capable in JAVA development, using Git, Apache Spring Frameworks, Apache Camel, and Maven
* Proficiency with CICD/'devops' tools such as Jenkins, Ansible, Artifactory
Experience working in an environment using DevOps, Agile, Scrum, and similar methodologies and frameworks
Experience with SOAP and REST web services
Knowledge of modern web services standards and protocols such as WS Security, WS Trust, SAML, and OAUTH
Experience in troubleshooting and debugging systems, documenting events, and finding solutions for issues found
Experience interfacing with a customer to understand and implement requirements
Experience integrating a variety of services and/or data sources
* Experience with identifying and documenting current and future state of systems and architectures
* Experience clarifying and refining functional data requirement specifications
Knowledge of Data Virtualization Technologies (e.g. Denodo, Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization)
Desired Communication requirements
Ability to create easy-to-follow IT documentation for installation and configuration of applications, roadmaps, instructions, root cause analysis, change records, etc.
Must have good communication, interpersonal, writing, and presentation skills
Must be able to explain technical details and issues clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences and be able to clearly and concisely explain system concepts and problems
Desired Testing requirements
Experience with automated testing
Experience with 4-Tier Architecture (Dev, SIT, UAT, Prod)
Knowledge of TDD Issue management in complex systems
Experience with reporting and documenting system issues as they are discovered
Experience with troubleshooting and debugging issues and documenting solutions
Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
Ability to work, unsupervised
Experience securing web services for a large organization or federal government customer.
Experience with Platform and frameworks such as JBOSS FUSE, Denodo Data Virtualization, CA Technologies API Gateways
Experience with Amazon AWS or Microsoft Azure cloud services
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Associated topics: .net, c c++, develop, developer, devops, perl, php, python, software developer, software development engineer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...