- L.L. Bean
We invite you to be part of our team of trailblazers dedicated to helping people discover and enjoy the outside. Come join us. Because on the inside were all outsiders. And if its outside, were all in.
We're hiring a high-volume Store Manager for our L.L.Bean Retail Store located in the Promenade Shops at Saucon Valley, Center Valley PA.
Position Purpose: Drives business results, develops talent and ensures delivery of the legendary L.L.Bean customer experience for assigned outdoor lifestyle concept retail store. Communicates and drives Retail strategic initiatives. Accountable for P & L performance for assigned store. Promotes the company's core values of Outdoors Heritage, Integrity, Service, Respect, Perseverance and Safe and Healthy Living to ensure the integrity of the brand, culture and mission of L.L.Bean is upheld at all times.
- Store Sales Volume: $6-15 Million
Drives business results in assigned store
- Sets clear direction and communicates consistent priorities.
- Inspires and guides team(s) to reach goals and achieve objectives.
- Leverages and assigns resources (payroll, expenses, people) to meet goals.
- Creates a disciplined culture focused on excellence in execution.
- Ensures adherence to all standard operating procedures, including Human Resource Management, Loss Prevention, and Safety.
- Ensures asset protection and supply control contributing to profit and loss management.
- Takes personal accountability for individual results and team decisions.
Develops talent in assigned store
- Sets high standards and clear accountability.
- Develops team to deliver legendary customer service in support of L.L. Bean's Golden Rule and Guarantee.
- Fosters a deep connection between the team and the brand.
- Objectively and accurately assess talent.
- Provides frequent and comprehensive performance feedback (written and verbal).
- Seizes the opportunity to highlight the achievement of others.
- Ensures all leaders address underperformance with urgency and appropriate partnerships.
- Identifies high-potential employees and offers challenging assignments as part of their succession planning and development.
Delivers the L.L. Bean customer experience in assigned store
- Drives the elevation of GUIDE / Manager On Duty behaviors.
- Holds self and others accountable to L.L. Bean's Golden Rule and Guarantee.
- Ensures store actively promotes Learn, Try, Buy and Enjoy concept through outdoor discovery school walk-on adventures, clinics and demonstrations.
- Uses customer feedback to influence changes that enhance the customer experience.
- Identifies and influences improvements in visual presentation to maximize profitability and results.
- Holds self and others accountable for visual presentation standards.
Health and Safety Requirement: Every employee is responsible for contributing to a safe and healthy workplace. Employees are expected to be active participants in health and safety by following all safety policies and procedures, reporting unsafe conditions or at-risk behaviors to leadership, and conducting work in a safe manner. Those in a leadership role are also expected to model safe behaviors, evaluate risk, and ensure that risks are reduced to acceptable levels.
Education Level: 2-Year Associates Degree
Years of Experience: 5+
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 5+ years experience as a store manager in relevant traffic, volume and unit intensity location
- Demonstrated critical leadership behaviors of being strategic and innovative
- Strong business acumen with the ability to achieve sales and service goals
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to develop and motivate employees
- Established time management and organizational skills
- Established interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build strong partnerships and work collaboratively to achieve goals
- Ability to balance growth and tradition
- Ability to travel occasionally between stores and outside of state if necessary
If you care about the outdoors, joining L.L.Bean is a great way to feel good about what you do. Our benefits package makes a good thing even better, with programs and perks designed to support your health and financial goals. Plus, maintaining a healthy work-life balance and re-charging outside are all part of the plan. Because, when it comes to the outsidewere all in. Visit llbeancareers.com to learn more.
From coastal marsh to alpine forest, ecosystems depend on diversity to flourish. We believe the same is true in the workplace. Thats why L.L.Bean is an equal opportunity employer, committed to sustaining our strengths by welcoming all kinds of people.
Associated topics: assistant manager, director, general manager, lead, major gift officer, manager retail, principal, sales lead, retail management, team lead
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...