At KPMG, we are reimagining tax with you in mind. Become an integral part of a dynamic team within a collaborative, future forward environment at one of the world's top tax firms. Be surrounded by deep tax knowledge and equipped with the latest in cutting-edge tax technologies. And join an extensive network of functional, industry, legislative and technical specialists with access to our Ignition Centers, where technology innovation accelerates. We welcome people with a passion for tax, a spirit for new thinking, and a commitment to providing outstanding client service today, and tomorrow.
KPMG is currently seeking a Senior Associate to join our Mergers & Acquisitions practice.
* Advise clients on a full spectrum of corporate tax services including planning, research, and other mergers and acquisitions activities
* Work as a part of a multi-disciplinary team that focuses on delivering due diligence and tax structuring services, and communicates findings and opportunities to clients
* Assist clients with current issues which may include bankruptcy emergence planning, out of court workouts, debt restructurings, tax basis, earning and profits, and section 382 studies
* Liaise with a target company's finance/accounting departments and tax advisors to gather pertinent facts for an analysis of tax risks
* Develop, motivate, and train staff-level team members
* A minimum of three years of experience in federal tax and/or mergers and acquisition in a public accounting firm, corporate tax department, or law firm
* Bachelor's degree, J.D., LL.M. in taxation, and/or Masters in Taxation (MST) from an accredited college/university
* Knowledge of a broad range of corporate tax matters in various industries
* Ability to handle multiple engagements and client service teams
* Excellent research and writing skills
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.