- $92,960.00 -188,020.00/year*
1103 Market St
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking an Associate in Risk Strategy & Compliance - Risk Analytics for our KPMG Risk Consulting practice.
* Gain a comprehensive understanding of securitization debt products inclusive of mortgage backed securities, Collateralized Loan Obligations, as well as the financial makeup of such deals, their impact on the financial markets, how to account for such investments, and their tax implications on holders and issuers
* Work with large sets of transaction data and parse through multiple data sets in order to get to the desired result; highly encouraged to identify incremental improvements through resources such as Excel, VBA, and Alteryx
* Compute and review the yield to maturity, present value, and related income calculations derived from the sets of projected cash flows pulled from 3rd party software; gain an understanding of the impact losses and present value changes have on income tax computations
* Assist in system development, enhancement, and testing related to proprietary software used for all debt products; Work closely with programmers and developers to communicate our business need for system enhancements
* Develop a solid foundation of federal and some international income tax matters related to income recognition, expense deduction, accounting methods, debt instruments, stated interest, original issue discount, premium, market discount, and tax principles impacting various structured debt products and the entities holding and issuing these securities
* Grow and maintain collaborative relationships with internal and external clients and trustees; become a trusted resource for requests and questions and work to find ways to help our clients reach their financial goals
Additional Responsibilities for Senior Associate:
* Supervise and serve as a mentor to associates and interns on engagements
* Identify and communicate technical matters to both clients and upper management
* Share knowledge through teaching staff and through presenting in front of groups
* A minimum of one year of related experience in a Financial Services, Consulting, or Accounting firm
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting and/or Finance from an accredited college/university and eligibility to sit for the CPA exam; Master's degree is a plus
* Strong interest in the securitization market, with an emphasis on Accounting, Tax and Finance and some exposure to U.S. federal income tax principles and international tax principles related debt instruments, financial statement analysis, and journal entries
* Intermediate skills in excel, including pivot tables, VLOOKUP's, index, match, and if functions; Capacity to work with massive data sets; Experience with tools such as VBA, Alteryx, PowerBI is a plus
* Strong analytical skills and attention to detail with the ability to work with large amounts of data to create a trial balance and financial statements
* Excellent communication skills with a lean toward collaboration and the capability of writing two to three page memos on complex transactions including tax matters associated with transaction and financial analysis
* Ability to travel as necessary
* Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
Additional Qualifications for Senior Associate:
* A minimum of three years of related work experience in a financial services, consulting, or accounting firm
* Previous supervisory experience with a team of 2-5 people
* Well-established understanding of business dynamics and regulations
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...