Our mission is to be the best loved Hotel & Restaurant Company so regardless of position, we look for individuals who are passionate about providing genuine heartfelt care to our guest and employees.
What you get to do: Providing restaurant guests excellent food quality, consistency, reasonable prices, in an attractive environment, and with professional service. Responsibilities include managing the culinary functions to meet the food quality goals, meeting the company's financial goals, facilities maintenance, and personnel development objectives.
* Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
* The Supervisor will assist the Executive Chef in providing \"excellent quality\" and \"presentation\" of all food to the guests. The demonstration, preparation and execution of each menu item and the item specifications and presentation will be agreed upon. * In maintaining the standard of \"excellent quality\", the PM Supervisor is responsible for ongoing training and communicating these standards to the staff.
* Proper guest service requires that the food is produced on a timely basis and that the servers are well educated regarding the menu. * It is the Supervisor responsibility to participate in service education through: * Daily line-ups; * Quarterly menu meetings; and * New server training programs * The Supervisor is also responsible to assist the Executive Chef in training the kitchen staff to produce meals promptly. The goal is to execute all tickets in twenty minutes or less.
* It is the Supervisors responsibility assist the Restaurant in meeting the financial targets while achieving the food quality and service objectives. If there are structural reasons that the financial goals cannot be met without sacrificing food quality of service, it is the PM Supervisors responsibility to help the Executive Chef identify the problems and bring them promptly to the attention of the General Manager.
* Maintain a high level of cleanliness in the kitchen facilities. * It is the Supervisors responsibilities to assist in supervising the daily cleaning of the pantry, cooking line, prep kitchen, dish area, stairs, walk-in and downstairs prep area.
* Assist in filling any open positions with qualified internal or external candidates. * The Supervisor is responsible for communicating with the kitchen staff, identifying developable personnel and providing the necessary training as positions open. The chef is also responsible for filling any open positions with candidates who are qualified and understand the \"standards of excellence\" required of them.
Specific experience we're seeking:
* A degree in Culinary Arts and or 2 years high volume, scratch kitchen experience. * Expertise in food product, presentation, quality and preparation along with menu concept and design. * Excellent written communication and presentation skills. * Highly motivated and flexible, possessing the ability to take initiative. * Flexible schedule, able to work mornings, nights, holidays and weekends.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Prior experience required. Depending on the role degree may be required.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, write, and verbally communicate effectively and professionally with other business departments, guests, and vendors. Ability to diplomatically deal with difficult situations and people, while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, or telephone. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10-25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
(Please note: management reserves the right to change, modify, and/or alter any of the duties listed above to meet business demands).
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.