Katerra is a technology company transforming property development, design, and construction?from start to finish. We are building an entirely new kind of company that brings together expertise in design, technology, material sourcing, manufacturing, and construction as a single integrated offering.
With this unique approach, we have the opportunity to design and build beyond compromise. Beautiful, efficient, sustainable?we can do it all. The era of design concessions is over.
At Katerra, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, and bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
One of Katerra's cultural principles is Diversity. We believe different backgrounds, ideas, and skillsets result in better outcomes. Katerra does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. Katerra encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQIA, people with disabilities, veterans and those with diverse life experiences.
Project Manager, Architecture
The Project Manager, Architecture position (referred to internally as Project Lead) allows you to hone and develop your professional, technical, communication, and managerial skills, while providing immediate growth opportunity in shaping the standards, practices, and environment of this wholly new multi-disciplinary design office. You will work closely with the Design Director and design team to provide the highest level of client service and design execution. You will drive the preparation of project plans, diagrams, renderings, and specifications on a daily basis. You will communicate with support teams for documentation of permit drawings and presentation renderings, and help to coordinate between clients and our global team of internal and external partners.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Work closely with the Project Design Lead and project team to generate clear diagrams, technical drawings and code analysis of projects
* Interface with and provide technical guidance to collaborating design and production teams, both domestic and abroad.
* Coordinate with consultants, collaborating design partners, and internal Katerra teams to develop assemblies and details that are applicable for both manufacturing and construction.
* Initiate and participate in projects in the Research and Development department, specifically designing and developing modular and prefabricated building systems
* Support management in staffing, fee estimating, and scheduling.
* Write project agreements, develop budget, and provide project status updates.
Manage client and consultant coordination.
* Participate in performance review feedback for project staff and outsourcing support.
* Contribute to maintaining and creating firm-wide documentation procedures and standards.
* Assume mentorship role for junior staff.
* Some travel will be required.
Required Skills & Experience
* A minimum of 8+ years of experience in architecture, with proven success in project management role
* An accredited undergraduate degree in architecture
* Knowledge of architecture and architectural principles and techniques
* Knowledge of building materials and construction methods
* General knowledge of construction principles and practices
* Experience in construction administration and specification review
* Ability to interpret applicable building codes, local ordinances, and regulatory agencies
* Experience in managing contracts, budgets, and production delegation
* Strong skills in Autodesk Revit Architecture, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Excel
* Strong rendering capabilities and aesthetic
* Demonstrated commitment to diversity, learning and successfully working in multicultural environments.
Preferred Skills & Experience
* Highly motivated, with aspirations for career growth
* Architectural licensure and prior experience in multifamily and mixed-use projects
* Ability to work in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
* Initiative to execute on self-guided, special initiative projects
* Strong verbal, written, and graphic communication skills that help with collaboration across large, cross-functional teams
* Excellent problem-solving skills
* Flexibility to evolve with various challenges and directions as new projects and initiatives unfold
* Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, demanding, dynamic work environment
* Strong organizational skills
* Disciplined work ethic with great attitude and energy
* Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects and teams concurrently
* An interest in and knowledge of sustainability and green building practice, including LEED, Passive House Standards,
* Living Building Challenge, etc.
* Desire to change the architecture and construction industry for the better, and motivation to not follow the status quo
* Proficiency with Rhino, Grasshopper, and/or parametric scripting
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.