The mission of Insight Pennsylvania is to provide an exemplary individualized and engaging educational experience for students by incorporating school and community/family partnerships coupled with a rigorous curriculum along with a data-driven and student-centered instructional model. Student success will be measured by valid and reliable assessment data, parent and student satisfaction, and continued institutional growth within the academic community. Join us!
In order to support Insight PA charter goals of innovation and transformational learning, teachers and other support staff residing within approximately 30 miles of the main office will be expected to work and/or participate in professional development experiences face-to-face in the office 3 days per week. Those employees well outside the 30 mile range will work remotely.
The Student Attendance Specialist ensures that school age children are attending school regularly by investigating causes of unexcused or excessive absences, communicating with families and assisting them in problem-solving, issuing attendance-based warnings, and helping to represent the school if cases go to court.
AS A Student Support Attendance Specialist YOU WILL..
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties. * Coordinates school-wide attendance efforts and absenteeism prevention programming with a two-fold focus 1) educating families on the importance of attendance with a focus on prevention and 2) intervening to fix the underlying issues that lead to absenteeism; * Works with teachers to monitor student adherence to the school's attendance policies; * Emails, calls and sends auto-dial notices to targeted student population; * Recommends families to the appropriate administrator for truancy intervention meetings as necessary; * Attends truancy meetings with school administrators; * Ensures state compliancy guidelines are met for student attendance, progress and system logins; * Ensures school policy and state requirements are met regarding all attendance withdrawals; * Produces attendance/truancy reports for the school, county and state, as required; * Works with the Student Support Team to assist students in situations where referral to service agencies are necessary; * Works with families and teachers to develop individualized action plans to increase student attendance and engagement; * Works with the Student Support Administrator, Head of School and local school board to develop improved procedures that address attendance; * Works with families and student support staff to prevent juvenile delinquency; * Develops and implements educational workshops related to absenteeism for school staff and families; * Assists staff on projects regarding student attendance/truancy.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no formal supervisory responsibilities.
Get to know ISPA!
* Insight Pennsylvania * Behind the scenes * A Day in the life
Are you driven by excellence to deliver instruction, support and guidance, manage the learning process, and focus on students' individual needs? If selected, you will participate in a comprehensive new teacher training program for three weeks before the start of school. It is an opportunity to meet colleagues and learn the responsibilities required for delivering curriculum in an online environment. During this training you will also learn how to monitor student progress through K12's learning management system, and to be a partner actively working with students and parents to advance each child's learning.
Requirements Minimum Qualifications
* High School Diploma or General Equivalency Degree (GED) Certificate AND * Two (2) years of truancy experience OR * Equivalent combination of education and experience.
Other Required Qualifications
* Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, etc.); Web proficiency. * Ability to travel 5% of the time * Ability to pass required background check
Certificates and Licenses: None required.
* Three (3) years of experience working with families in similar capacity, enrollment or truancy * Post-secondary degree especially in Education, Counseling, Human Services or related field of study. * Knowledge of state school attendance laws, and other pertinent laws regarding K-12 education; * Knowledge of state specific court procedures regarding truancy; * Familiarity with online learning environment; * Strong organizational and time management skills; * Strong written and verbal communication skills; * Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.); * Ability to travel 25% of the time; * Ability to pass required background check.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* This is a home-based position but may require one or more days a week in the office as determined by the supervisor.
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is \"at-will\" as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the \"at-will\" nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.
WHO ARE WE?
* About us * K12 Produces Results * Kudos and Honors * thinkTANK12
K12 is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Copyright ? K12 Inc. All rights reserved. K12 is a registered trademark of K12 Inc. The K12 logo and other marks referenced herein are trademarks of K12 Inc., and other marks are owned by third parties.
Associated topics: administrative assistant, administrative support, clerk, coordinate, elementary school counselor, healthcare, registration, school counselor, scriptwriter, therapist
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.