- $84,380.00 -152,780.00/year*
Education - Post Secondary
1103 Market St
Student Support Advisor INSPIRE THE FUTURE
Passionate Student Support Advisor are needed at the K12 partner school, Insight Pennsylvania (ISPA). We want you to be a part of our talented team!
The mission of Insight Pennsylvania is to provide an exemplary individualized and engaging educational experience for students by incorporating school and community/family partnerships coupled with a rigorous curriculum along with a data-driven and student-centered instructional model. Student success will be measured by valid and reliable assessment data, parent and student satisfaction, and continued institutional growth within the academic community. Join us!
The Student Support Advisor is the key coordinator driving the activities of the Student Support Services Team. The role helps foster a high touch approach to educational support and exhibits a commitment and desire to provide the best experience possible for students and families. The role empowers families to increase their involvement and assist in their student's education, facilitates engagement in school activities and provides clear and consistent communication regarding school expectations and activities.
AS A Student Support Advisor , YOU WILL..
* Oversees a caseload of students assigned to as their main point of contact with the school;
* Oversees the onboarding process for assigned students:
* Serves as a single point of contact for all non-instructional issues after placement, ensuring students have all necessary equipment and know both how and when to access their courses;
* Participates in the online orientation sessions;
* Monitors student participation and works to contact students who do not attend;
* Coordinates with school resources and team to deliver Learning Coach engagement and skill building opportunities;
* Contacts late starting or missing students by phone and works to quickly ensure a Strong Start at the school;
* Moderates homeroom activities and facilitates Social Emotional Learning programs, e.g. PowerPoint decks, handouts, 7 Mindsets, etc.;
* Serves as a liaison between students and/or Learning Coaches and teachers and/or administration;
* Examines academic progress and activity of students on their caseload;
* Initiates meaningful, recurring contact by phone with students and their Learning Coach;
* If a student begins showing signs of academic decline as determined by course grades, log-ins, course activity and missing assignments, initiates larger student support interventions;
* Arranges support conferences as needed to address performance concerns;
* Assists students in creating plans to get back on track;
* Increases professional knowledge and skills by attending required staff meetings; participating in school and K12 sponsored Professional Development, and seeking other professional learning opportunities;
* Provides outreach, training, and support to families who respond to Students First Check In surveys
* This position has no formal supervisory responsibilities.
Get to know ISPA!
* Insight Pennsylvania
* Behind the scenes
* A Day in the life
Are you driven by excellence to deliver instruction, support and guidance, manage the learning process, and focus on students' individual needs? If selected, you will participate in a comprehensive new teacher training program for three weeks before the start of school. It is an opportunity to meet colleagues and learn the responsibilities required for delivering curriculum in an online environment. During this training you will also learn how to monitor student progress through K12's learning management system, and to be a partner actively working with students and parents to advance each child's learning.
Two (2) years of college AND Two (2) years of experience in education OR Equivalent combination of education and related experience
Certificates and Licenses: Appropriate licensure if required by state.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills;
* Excellent problem-solving skills;
* Organizations skills, multi-tasking abilities;
* Customer service focus;
* Adaptable and comfortable in a fast-paced work environment;
* Experience coordinating academically-oriented clubs and extra-curricular activities;
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint); Web proficiency;
* Familiarity with the online learning experience;
* Ability to travel 25% of the time;
* Ability to pass required background check.
* Experience working with the proposed age group;
* Experience supporting adults and children in learning and the use of technology;
* An ability to learn new technology tools quickly (e.g. database and web-based tools);
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* This is a home-based position but may require one or more days a week in this office as determined by the supervisor.
WHO ARE WE?
* About us
* K12 Produces Results
* Kudos and Honors
K12 is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Apply On-line Send This Job to a Friend
* Back to K12 Home
Copyright ? K12 Inc. All rights reserved. K12 is a registered trademark of K12 Inc. The K12 logo and other marks referenced herein are trademarks of K12 Inc., and other marks are owned by third parties.
Associated topics: accountant iv, administrative assistant i, administrative assistant iv, adminv, analyst ii, information technology systems analyst, operational support, secretary, support analyst, workshop
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...