Johnson Matthey is a FTSE 100 specialty chemicals company and is a leader in sustainable technologies, underpinned by science and with a reputation for world class innovation.
The Business Data Analyst takes responsibility for developing new system processes and the supporting data designs. They will work to improve the functionality and accuracy of the site's ERP & manufacturing systems, to enable robust operational decision-making. The incumbent will thoroughly analyse and report on the site's operations data, coordinate demand analyses, and support the Sales and Operations Planning function of the business. The role will also be involved in business analysis projects and preparing for the implementation of JM's Unify (SAP) & MoM (MES) programs.
* Review, assess, and update manufacturing system data (ie, router sequences, product structures, and standard costing, etc.).
* Identify business impacts of data changes and create plans to mitigate the impact to the business.
* Collects, compiles, verifies and presents business data so that management has timely information for operational decision making.
* Maintains, tracks and presents a broad range of defined business metrics to enable measurement of and improvement in business performance.
* Through the collation and analysis of data, supports the evaluation of new and existing business.
* Develops & maintains basic costing models to support the business' pricing and product profitability strategy.
* Identifies opportunities to improve the profitability of the PGMS business through data analysis.
* Develops and maintains strong working relationships with operations, finance, supply chain and commercial teams to enable the data analysis as required by the business.
* Participates in business analysis projects.
* Timely completion of project plan deliverables.
Are you the ideal candidate?
* Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or related field required.
* Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint required.
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
* Willingness to learn and become competent on operational systems (e.g. KBM, SAP, etc.) as needed for job performance.
* Strong analytical skills and the ability to collate and analyse large data sets required.
* Strong interpersonal skills and able to build and maintain collaborative relationships to achieve JM goals.
* Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, with capability of presenting technical information clearly and concisely to collaborative partners.
Are you a returning applicant? Previous Applicants: Email: Password:
If you do not remember your password click here.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.