- JBT Corporation
1103 Market St
JBT Airport Services is an industry leading, dedicated provider of Maintenance services to airlines throughout North America. Our maintenance services cover the full range of service from 24 hour, 7 days per week on-site service and emergency call-out, to periodic maintenance of equipment based on technical visits quarterly, semi-annually, and/or annually with supplementary emergency support and call out as needed.
As a member of the JBT team you'll enjoy a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision coverage + 401K.
This position is located at the Philadlephia Int'l Airport in Philadelphia, PA.
* Maintain cleanliness and order around all airport facilities including, but not limited to the shops, control rooms, scanning areas, catwalks, and around the carousel and fire doors.
* Perform tasks to support the general maintenance staff.
* Provide janitorial services when required.
* Manually encode baggage.
* Communicate reulary with the control room and report all suspicios items.
* Perform minor maintenance duties and assist trade technicians in and around airport facilities.
* Respond to and correct issues that may exist within the facility, equipment, or systems.
* Report issues found or faults within the BHS system that requires reset, clear jams or obstruction, reset equipment, align or adjust belts or guards perform minor maintenance and restore operation and adhering to all safety requirements including Lock Out Tag Out
* Drive and operate different equipment such as golf carts, company vehicles, forklifts, etc.
* Comply with company safety program and trainings.
* Perform other duties as assigned or needed.
While performing the duties of the Utility Helper, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. The employee must have the ability to use hand trucks, forklifts, tugs, and lift trucks. Ability to work in outside weather conditions on an airport ramp around aircrafts and the confined areas of baggage conveyor systems. Specific vision abilities required by this job include good close proximity vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Good hand / eye coordination is required.
The work environment is similar to airport operation with vehicular traffic. The employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, cold, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
* High School diploma or GED equivalent
* Valid Driver's License
* Familiarity with Airport operations a plus
* Ability to communicate in English
* Basic computer skills
* Ability to be badged to work in secure areas of an airport
* This is a 24/7 operation, requiring the ability to work all 3 shifts including working weekends and/or holidays that may fall on their respective shifts
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of JBT Corporation to provide equal opportunity for qualified persons and not to discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law at the JBT Corporation location to which this application is submitted. In addition, as a Federal Government contractor, JBT Corporation is an affirmative action employer. If you require accommodation during the application process, please contact the local Human Resources department. EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you have a disability or impairment that prevents you from completing the online application, please seek the assistance of your local employment services agency. JBT maintains active relationships with local employment services agencies, and they have pledged their support in assisting any applicant needing help in applying. To find information on agencies throughout the United States, please go to www.careeronestop.org
You may also call Megan Meagrow at 844-###-#### if your disability or impairment prevents you from applying online. NOTE: Do not use this number unless you need assistance because of a disability or impairment. The personnel attending this phone line will not be able to give you a status update regarding your application and will not be the individuals making a decision regarding your employment.
Associated topics: administrative, administrative assistant, administrative coordinator, administrative secretary, assistance, counsel, facility, front desk, mail room, office
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...