JBT Airport Services is an industry leading, dedicated provider of Maintenance Services to Airlines throughout North America. Our maintenance services cover the full range of service from 24 hour, 7 day per week on-site service and emergency call out, to periodic maintenance of equipment based on technical visits quarterly, semi-annually, and/or annually with supplementary emergency support and call out as needed.
As a member of the JBT team you'll enjoy a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision coverage + 401K.
This position is located at the Philadelphia International Airport in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
* Provide daily oversight and direction of hourly employee teams to ensure operational excellence; including personnel scheduling, work order, safety, and productivity plans, material availability, and the handling and resolution of employee issues.
* Interact daily with employee team members to provide support and on-the-job training.
* Strive to improve management, employee, and customer satisfaction.
* Develop processes and documentation to support operational activities.
* Provide leadership in support of the Operational Managers in overseeing operational performance.
* Comply with company safety program and trainings.
* Perform other duties as assigned or needed.
While performing the duties of Supervisor, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. Ability to work in outside weather conditions on an airport ramp around aircrafts and the confined areas of baggage conveyor systems. Specific vision abilities required by this job include good close proximity vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Good hand / eye coordination is required.
The primary work environment is similar to an office environment. However, the Supervisor must have the ability to conduct business in outside weather conditions, near moving machinery parts; on an active Airport ramp; near vehicles and jet aircraft.
* High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
* Valid Driver's License.
* Supervisory experience a must.
* Preference for 5+ years' experience in the area of airport maintenance services.
* Ability to read blueprints and electrical schematics.
* Strong leadership skills.
* Computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
* Ability to be badged to work in secure areas of an airport.
* Ability to work Day or Night shift including weekends and holidays.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of JBT Corporation to provide equal opportunity for qualified persons and not to discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law at the JBT Corporation location to which this application is submitted. In addition, as a Federal Government contractor, JBT Corporation is an affirmative action employer. If you require accommodation during the application process, please contact the local Human Resources department. EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
If you have a disability or impairment that prevents you from completing the online application, please seek the assistance of your local employment services agency. JBT maintains active relationships with local employment services agencies, and they have pledged their support in assisting any applicant needing help in applying. To find information on agencies throughout the United States, please go to www.careeronestop.org.
You may also call Megan Meagrow at 844-###-#### if your disability or impairment prevents you from applying online. NOTE: Do not use this number unless you need assistance because of a disability or impairment. The personnel attending this phone line will not be able to give you a status update regarding your application and will not be the individuals making a decision regarding your employment.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.