Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients' lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology ? areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you're looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients' lives and being a great place to work, we hope you'll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
The Senior Director, Patient Support Services is a senior level role responsible for the strategic leadership of Patient Support Services, including, but not limited to service customer experience, operational excellence, service quality, operational efficiency, and service engagement transformation. The leader in this role must navigate an increasingly complex healthcare environment and will be responsible for optimizing the customer experience for all U.S. Jazz services. This role oversees the selection, management and quality assurance of all third party providers who partner with Jazz to deliver the key patient and access services. This leader needs to be able to design, plan, and pull through appropriate market-leading programs and services for all of our products' customers, ensure efficient, effective, compliant execution through vendors, and manage continuous improvement on an ongoing basis. To do so will require familiarity with the relevant customer/market needs and solutions, thorough operations management, and a high level of engagement with various stakeholders, including patient representatives and advocacy groups and key customers, as well as the inspired leadership of related Jazz Pharmaceuticals headquarters and field personnel.
This role will require a seasoned pharmaceutical industry professional that is accomplished in patient services program design and delivery, and knowledgeable of health care reimbursement practices and related compliance and regulatory requirements. We value a leadership approach that is evidence-based and built on a reasoned understanding of the knowable facts pertinent to patient support services. We value a style that is informed by active and thoughtful engagement of our internal partners, the patients who need our products, and various external stakeholders that will help us achieve our patient and access services mission. We value a leadership style that can translate strategy into action in the marketplace, with deliberate and actionable measurement of impact, as well as capture results in a timely manner through disciplined program and financial management. We value a leader who can build resilience into their team and can adapt to changing and/or challenging market conditions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE ALL OR SOME OF THE FOLLOWING:
* Leads the development and execution of all patient/customer services to ensure exceptional customer experience and appropriate, compliant, operational excellence
* Sets the framework for customer experience and service strategy formulation (inclusive of the digital toolkits/practices) and drives the team in both thought leadership and overall execution of the strategy and related tactics
* Engages internal and external parties to optimize idea generation and plan of action to implement
* Selects, contracts, oversees and manages related third-party vendors with goal of efficient, effective and compliant programs with excellence in customer experience
* Provides senior management direction to the leaders of Patient Services to operationalize the overall patient services strategy
* Collaborates with direct reports to develop and sustain important relationships in the marketplace
* Collaborates with direct reports to develop and sustain a high performing team
* Leads strategy and tactical coordination with other market access functional leaders and represents business planning, interests and execution of Patient Support Services in coordination with the Market Access Leadership Team and their direct reports (MALT+1)
* Partner with relevant Business Unit (BU) marketing and sales leaders/BU Heads and direct reports to collaboratively develop effective patient and access services
* Competence in the design and quality assurance of high performance operating environment including the:
* Acquisition, development and assessments of talent for both of the functional areas
* Design and development of smart and lean processes to optimize the workflows of the group including appropriate performance management tools to ensure achievement of group goals and alignment with overall direction of Market Access function and Corporation
* Design, development and implementation of optimal patient services strategies and ongoing assessment of the suitability of those strategies (in compliance with good governance that aligns with corporate guidelines)
* Use of specific analytical tools/decision support systems that may be utilized by Market Access to effectively manage programs, vendors, and account relationships and for optimization of coverage by field reimbursement personnel
* Implementation of internal processes and controls to ensure compliant and compelling patient services and programs
* Effective collaborative working relationships with external business partners, including patient services/Hub vendors, consultants, and data analytics vendors, as well as internal departments such as Marketing, Sales, Analytics, Training, Compliance, Medical, Regulatory, and Legal
* The development and management of the operating and longer term strategic budgets
* Ensure that function operates in a fiscally sound manner in accordance with the objectives of the Corporation (financial and operating scorecards that provide leading indicators and aid in related variance analyses)
* BS/BA required along with 10+ years of related experience in the pharmaceutical, medical device, or biotech industry
* MBA degree preferred
* Prior leadership roles in Patient Services, or other relevant market access service delivery function with comparable types of programs that Jazz currently offers
* Prior experience in longer term strategy formulation and execution (including complex multi-year program management)
* Experience managing vendors including agencies and third party data suppliers
* Experience in personnel development and leadership
* In-depth knowledge of health care reimbursement practices, services, technologies, and compliance and regulatory requirements.
* Capable of engaging senior Jazz management on patient services, customer experience, and financial matters (prior performance and near term and strategic outlook)
* Prior experience with budget development and control
REQUIRED EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONS / LICENSES
College Graduate-Bachelor's Degree minimum
Moderate travel required (20%-25%)
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.