Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients' lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology ? areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you're looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients' lives and being a great place to work, we hope you'll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
Summary: Global Franchise Lead (GFL) will be a critical role in the organization that has a significant impact on the Hem-Onc Franchise. The GFL provides strategic leadership to the Hem-Onc Franchise Team (SFT) and is accountable to the Operations Executive Committee (OEC) to establish and implement a global franchise strategy which informs and delivers the overall corporate strategy. The franchise strategy integrates scientific rationale, early development, clinical, regulatory, CMC and commercial strategy, and includes a franchise plan that optimizes value through both internal molecule and external corporate development activities. The GFL partners with functional area leaders to identify and build the necessary capabilities to execute on the approved global franchise strategy. Line-management and development of the Global Molecule Leads (GML) within the franchise and collaborate cross-franchise to implement best practices.
Preferred qualifications for this position include being a strong executive with superior cross-functional collaboration skills, highly effective influencing skills and the ability to operate across multiple geographies. Success in this critical role will provide the opportunity for significant professional growth.
* Co-lead the global cross-functional Franchise Team with the Therapeutic Area Head with accountability for franchise strategy and leadership across the portfolio
* Establish a global vision and strategic plan for the franchise that informs the corporate strategy and is aligned with corporate business objectives
* Drive development of a detailed franchise plan that optimizes value through both internal molecule and external corporate development activities
* Hire, develop, and manage Global Molecule Leads (GMLs) for respective franchise
* Step in as part-time GML for newly acquired molecules within the franchise
* Understand detailed strategic and operational progress, identify and address opportunities, issues and implications of projects and/or strategic initiatives within the franchise
* Integrate molecule strategies where appropriate and prioritize internal opportunities across franchise portfolio as part of corporate portfolio process
* Make recommendations on reallocation of spend across molecules and/or projects to the DPRC
* Partner with Corporate Development to define, prioritize and recommend external opportunities that support the franchise strategy
* Mobilize and align the organization to execute on the approved franchise strategy
* Collaborate with other Global Franchise Leaders to identify and implement best practices
* Escalate issues to Head of GPS, COO, OEC and/or EC as appropriate
* Contribute on select corporate strategic initiatives
Other Specific Functions or Duties:
* Provide performance review input for key positions on the SFT
* As appropriate, participate in ongoing development and enhancement of cross-functional team structures, processes, systems, other tools and resources
15+ years of biopharmaceutical development, commercialization, and operations experience; experience in a related therapeutic specialty areas such as hematology, oncology, and/or other rare disease areas
* Ability to influence and lead across the organization as a member of leadership teams; develop strong cross-functional working relationships with a diverse team of senior leaders
* Proven ability to define and communicate a compelling long-term vision and engage and lead cross-functional teams to develop an aligned strategy
* Demonstrated acumen to balance resources and understand the financial implications and tradeoffs in the business including talent and systems in order to determine appropriate prioritized investments for the future
* Well-developed problem solving and analytical skills combined with experience working with outside consultants, advisors, and internal team members in a positive and collaborative manner
* Proven experience as a successful, decisive leader in a strategic multifunctional environment
* Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex or technical content in a convincing way to non-technical audiences.
* Passion for people management and development, including department and organizational planning over the short, mid and long term
* Track record of successful development and coaching of individuals and teams; models driving and measuring accountability and providing and receiving feedback
* Influences beyond direct reports for positive outcomes in matrix environments
* Ability to manage complex projects with ambitious milestones in high pressure circumstances
* Experience at managing collaborations, alliances or other relationships through influencing without direct authority
* Enjoys high-growth environments and shaping people, processes and programs for optimal return
* Excellent interpersonal skills and track record of high integrity ? instills trust as a leader and peer
* Independent, self-motivated individual with a highly entrepreneurial style coupled with collaborative and positive leadership
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses:
* Advanced degree (PhD, MBA, MD) preferred
Environment and Physical Requirements:
* Work indoors in normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes
* Frequent computer use at workstation
* May move from one work location to another occasionally
* Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of \"normal\" work hours, in order to meet business demands
* Occasional public contact requiring appropriate business apparel
* Occasional mobility within office environment
* Routinely sitting for extended periods of time
* Constantly operating a computer, printer, telephone and other similar office machinery
Ability to Travel:
* Approximately 25%; both US and international travel required
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.