- Jacobs Engineering
- $87,890.00 -131,500.00/year*
1103 Market St
The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Responsible for the quality of civil/ structural engineering work performed, client service, utilization of staff, marketing, reputation of the office, contract management, billing collection, and project profitability for civil engineering projects. Such projects include, but are not limited to land/site development, transportation, and public works.
Main focus is Land Development design with a strong working knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D.
* Provides lead or technical specialist direction for major phases of large land/site development, related projects, or has overall responsibility for the civil engineering work on an aforementioned type project of a larger scope.
* Plans, schedules, conduct or coordinate civil engineering work.
* Supervises the design and ongoing progress of a project, including the coordination of the project with City, State, and County officials, and other outside agencies.
* Resolves a variety of complex problems, (i.e. conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials, difficult coordination requirements), and consults with supervisor and team as necessary.
* Serves as a liaison between clients and agencies, subcontractors, and design teams.
* Reviews plans and prepares or reviews technical specifications, contract documents, and estimates.
* Participates in contract bidding and administration; observes project action on site.
* Leads, coordinates and reviews the work of less experienced engineers and/or technical support personnel assigned to the project.
* Performs other duties assigned by other Lead Engineers or Project Manager.
* Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering is required.
* Minimum of 10 years' experience on site, grading, paving, drainage projects is required.
* Minimum of 10 years' experience utilizing AutoCAD is required.
* Civil engineering knowledge, leadership, oral and written communication skills, planning, team work, decision making, judgment and problem solving skills are required
* Domestic and international travel is required
* Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D is preferred.
* Experience with Microstation is preferred.
* Experience on federal, retail, and/or municipal project is preferred.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Associated topics: concrete, construction, drainage, draw, function, remediation, road, structural analysis, traffic, transportation
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...